Used by military, arborists, fishermen, firefighters, climbers and boy and girl scouts the world over, Knots 3D will quickly teach you how to tie even the most difficult knot. With more than 140 knots, Knots 3D will be your go-to reference! Grab some rope and have fun!
- Included in Scouting Magazine's "Ultimate List of Scouting Apps"
- Featured in iOS Today, GQ Magazine, Boating Magazine, Guy Harvey Magazine and many other well known print and online and media.
Have you ever wondered what a knot looks like rotated 40° or maybe 90°? Or maybe you want to see what a Bowline knot or Constrictor knot looks like from the back? Use your finger to spin the knot and see how it looks from any angle in 3D!
Choose from 144 different knots and see how they're tied in incredible detail. Watch the knot draw itself or use your finger to tie and untie the knot. Its easy to see where the virtual rope goes in and out and around. (Something about a rabbit and a hole and a tree right? ) Zoom in on the knot to get a closer look or flip it around for another perspective. Can your old school knot app do that?!
Product Features and Functions
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (Universal App)
- High res graphics with photo-realistic rope textures
- Learn to tie 144 unique knots
- Watch knots tie themselves and pause or adjust the speed of the animation at any time
- Rotate knots in 360 degree, 3D views to study them from any angle
- Zoom in on a knot to see it in greater detail
- Interact with the knot on screen via multi-touch gestures such as pinch-to-zoom and swipe to tie/untie.
- Browse knots by category or search by name
- Completely self contained -- No internet required!
- 100% localized for over a dozen languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish!
Each 3D knot has detailed reference information including tying pointers, strength and reliability, structural info, and Ashley reference numbers (ABoK) and occasionally the history behind the knot.
The knots are arranged by both Category (Boating, Climbing, Fishing, Scouting, etc) and Type (Bend, Loop, Stopper, etc). If you find a knot you like or want to come back to later, add it to your Favorites list for quick reference.
Anchor Hitch, Ashley’s Bend, Blood Knot, Bowline, Bowline on a Bight, Buntline Hitch, Carrick Bend, Cats Paw, Clinch Knot (Improved), Clove Hitch, Constrictor Knot, Larks Head Hitch, Double Sheet Bend, Figure 8 Knot, Figure 8 Bend, Figure 8 Loop, Fisherman’s Eye, Fisherman’s Knot, Jar Sling Knot, Loop Knot, Overhand Knot, Perfection Loop, Rolling Hitch, Round Turn & Two Half Hitches, Running Bowline, Square Knot (Reef Knot), Sheepshank, Sheet Bend, Stevedore’s Knot, Surgeon’s Knot, Surgeon’s Loop, Taut Line Hitch, Timber Hitch, Water Knot, Alpine Butterfly, Trucker's Hitch, Prusik Hitch, Rapala Knot, San Diego Jam, Diagonal Lashing, Double Coin Knot, Mooring Hitch, Round Lashing, Shear Lashing, Square Lashing, Trefoil Knot, Jury Mast Knot, Monkey's Fist, Turk's Head and many more!
Complete Knot List at:
KNOTS 3D REVIEWS
Superb in every way - 5 Stars!
I'm a fairly handy guy (surgeon) and rely on several knots in my practice. Nevertheless I'm pretty hopeless at learning new knots and remembering them, even though I'm a sailor and do some fishing. Knots 3D is the answer. I love every aspect of the app.
Great App - 5 Stars!
I really like this app, I have 4 knot apps, and I use this one the most. As a firefighter rope skills is a must and this app helps keep me "knot prepared". The zoom and step through the knot using a finger gestures is real handy. The author updates this app with new knots often. I recommend this app.
- New knots: Alpine Coil, Turle Knot
- New knots: Chain Sinnet, Friendship Knot, Halyard Hitch
- New knots: Japanese Square Lashing, Kreh Loop, Lighterman's Hitch
We've been busy making the best knot app better! Many of the knot models have been upgraded with the following improvements:
- 8, 16, and 24 strand rope with dozens of new photorealistic textures and patterns
- More realistic metal rings, wood poles, carabiners, fish hooks, etc
- Smoother animations
If you like the changes, please leave us a review and let us know!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is not only the best knot tying tutor you could ever wish to find in an app but it is definitely one of the very best learning apps I have ever come across.
I’ve had this for years now and the gradual adjustments they have made to the presentation have consistently improved from what was already a very clear tutorial. The information about the knots and their uses is so well directed and animated it’s almost worth a loud round of applause.
Not only that but they have added knots as time has gone on so there are now loads of solutions for any scenario. Take my word for it, this is the dogs doodads..
Absolutely brilliant app
Really useful. 3D videos of how to tie each knot. It couldn't be clearer. You even have control over the speed and viewpoint of the tying process. A full description of the knot and it's uses, together with links to similar knots included. Knots can be viewed by type e.g. Knots for fishing, climbing etc. Should be included in any masterclass of how to build an app. The developer must have a PHD in ergonomics.
Perfect! Fabulous! Brilliant
Wow! I think the title shows what I think of this App - It’s stunning. I love every aspect of it, and for me, it covers every aspect you need to learn how to tie all these knots. I LOVE the fact that it divides the knots into Categories of where they are most used.
As an occasional ship’s ‘boy’ (of the feminine variety) this perfect little App will help me feel a little more useful on board. ⛵️
- David Boren
- 82.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Nynix LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.