Koala is the ultimate pocket-sized sampler. Record anything with your phone's mic instantly. Use Koala to create beats with those samples, add effects and create a track!
Koala’s super intuitive interface helps you make a tracks in a flash, there is no brake pedal. You can also resample the output of the app back into the input, through the effects, so the sonic possibilities are endless.
Koala's design focuses totally on making the music making progress instant, keeping you in the flow and keeping it fun, not getting bogged down by pages of parameters and micro-editing.
* Record up to 64 different samples with your mic
* Transform your voice or any other sound with 16 superb built-in fx
* Load your own samples
* Choose from one of 250 built-in sounds
* Resample the output of the app back into a new sample
* Export loops or entire tracks as professional quality WAV files
* Direct export to Ableton Live Set
* Copy/paste or merge sequences just by dragging them
* Create beats with the high-resolution sequencer
* Import samples using AudioShare or just open them in Koala
* Keyboard mode lets you play chromatically or one of 9 scales
* Quantize, add swing to get the right feel
* Normal/One-shot/Loop/Reverse playback of samples
* 6 Choke groups
* Attack, release and tone adjustable on each sample
* Add any (or all) of the 8 effects to the entire mix
* AudioBus 3.0 and Inter-App Audio compatible
* MIDI controllable - play your samples on a keyboard, map the effects to knobs
* Jam with others over WiFi with Ableton Link
* Free copy of Ableton Live Lite included
* Use AI to separate samples into individual instruments (drums, bass, vocals and other)
* Set your own background image and choose from a growing list of background visual FX.
8 Built-in Microphone FX:
* More Bass
* More Treble
* Octave up
* Octave down
16 Built-in DJ Mix FX:
* Comb filter
* Ring modulator
* Resonant High/Low Pass Filters
* Tempo Delay
Features included in SAMURAI In-App Purchase
* Timestretch (4 modes: Modern, Retro, Beats and Re-pitch)
* Piano roll editor
* Auto-chop (auto, equal, and lazy chop)
* Pocket operator sync out
* 250 free built-in sounds in BASICS sample pack
* performance and stability enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Fav music making app by a mile!
Simply put, this app is amazing. It makes beat making so fun and creative. It’s simple to use but does the job so well.
Since buying this app I have hardly touched my sp404 mainly because of hands on ease of use and quick workflow. Now with samurai mode and when using AUM app to sample other instruments apps or external synths ect straight into Koala just take this bad boy to a whole different level. It’s just so much fun to use. Within minutes u can have the bases of a decent track, it’s just so hands on! I would love an EQ mode but can work around using tone editor. The only gripe I have is the occasional crashing. But again in the developers defence, updates and bug fixes are released every month to couple of weeks and they really do listen to the concerns of the users directly. I once msged matey on Instagram about an issue, he got back to me within minutes. Can’t really ask for much more than that!
Purchase this bad boy, trust me u will not regret it! 😁
More than just a sampler
This is by far the most instantly gratifying, inspirational music making app I have purchased. Not only is it a sampler, with a fast intuitive way of working, it is also a great way to quickly structure a track. I have so many pieces on the go that are constantly evolving. With a few tweaks here and there over time this will be absolutely perfect. For instance, The piano roll is a bit fiddly to use without adding unwanted notes, or there could be a way of pre-programming sequences for a full song rather than triggering them in real time to record, which in my case, always ends with me not cueing at exactly the right moment. Otherwise and exceptional creative tool.
Great but unstable
I owned a Roland SP-404SX for triggering samples but had to sell it and it was too bulky for me. This app is very similar to it and I was initially happy with it for my purposes, once I’d mapped my controller to the app (instead of the other way round with MIDI learn not a feature) it worked well... until I used it as an IAA channel in AUM. I wanted to use it for my weekly radio show with Djay Pro and AUFX:Push for auto-ducking.
It worked for a little while but if I swiped it offscreen on iPadOS it would randomly crash. Not so good for live radio, especially with a second or so of digital crackling when reloading Koala’s projects! I play chill out music so not good for the listener and I now have to change back to an inferior setup :(
Would have been 4 stars (5 with MIDI learn on all controls) but unreliable in a live situation so pretty useless in its present incarnation.
Hope this is useful developer and anyone wanting to get this.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Marek Bereza
- 69.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 elf audio
- In-App Purchases
- Samurai Edition £3.49
- Koala AUv3 Plugin £2.49
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.