Korg has teamed up with the hugely popular and globally successful virtual band Gorillaz™ to create a new dedicated beatbox for the iPad: The iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition.
The iELECTRIBE is a virtual analog beatbox for the iPad; sound creation is easy, fun and intuitive – just as on a vintage analog synthesizer. Simply choose a part and touch the 16-step sequencer to quickly build a groove. The aggressive sound, unique functionality, and intuitive beat-building style of the iELECTRIBE made it a favorite of Gorillaz for their latest album “The Fall”.
While retaining the intuitive beat-making features of the iELECTRIBE, the special Gorillaz Edition is a new machine customized to generate Gorillaz samples from their fourth album “The Fall” which allow the user to create music in a wide variety of musical styles. The iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition features: a unique design and synthesizer engine including 128 new sounds created by Gorillaz; and 64 ready-to-use pre-programmed patterns by the sound team Gorillaz, Stephen Sedgwick, and Korg.
• PCM Synthesizer; 128 PCM Samples; 8 parts x 16 types
Instrument Voices (Parts):
• 8 Total : 8 PCM synthesizer parts
• Master Effect : Assignable per step/per part
• 8 Effect Types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Grain Shifter, Reverb, Chorus/Flanger, Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator
• Patterns : 64 steps maximum per part (Motion Sequencing can memorize all knob motions in a pattern)
• Tempo : 20 - 300 BPM (with Tap tempo and Swing function), Pattern-set function (iELECTRIBE has no “Song” function)
• 160 Total : 32 preset patterns x 2 banks; 32 blank patterns x 3 banks
• Virtual Valve Force Tube Modeling
• Audio Export feature : Bounce Pattern, Real-Time Recording (16-Bit / 44.1 kHz Stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share songs online with the SoundCloud music distribution site
• Supports WIST (Wireless Sync-Start Technology)
• Supports “AudioCopy” function
• Supports performance and controls on an external USB-MIDI device (via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit)
* Commercial use of the works created by using this application is subject to the copyright clearance from right holders.
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
• Now supports iOS13.
• Other improvements and bug-fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
"By far, one of the best"...
Eh? See review below. Makes a colourful song and has some wonderful attributes. Quite expensive but if you want to write like Gorillaz then you're well catered for with this.
...the 'B E T T E R' of the two... Ꮮ♡ᏙᎬ IT!!
Being a 'zilla – fan' aswell as a fan of 'Music - Apps' [especially Korg's Apps] made this App pretty much impossible for me not-to-Ꮮ♡ᏙᎬ... The sounds are, as you would expect, amazing... the layout is quirky and fun... like an urbanely–pimped out version of the original. For me, personally, it's a 'must-have' App for my, ever-growing, music 'r e l a t e d' App collection.
....but, c'mon... it's way past due an update. Do it!
i MUCH prefer this to the standard iElectribe!
I'm enjoying this a lot. You can select a sample for each part from a bank of samples (it looks like a choice of 16 for each part), but you don't have to use just 1 sample in a part, you can change the sample for a part within a sequence, so you can use all the piano samples in one part. Nice! As with the standard iElectribe, the one thing this really needs is programable "Motion Value" like you get on the Electribe ES-1, which would mean you could program the pitch of each step for a part, as it's impossible to get any accuracy with pitches when recording and twiddling the pitch dial. I can live in hope...
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.