iMS-20 is an analog synth studio; a complete recreation of the Korg MS-20 synth, an analog sequencer, a drum machine, and even Korg's Kaoss Pad technology. Plus, you can share your songs online via the SoundCloud!
iMS-20 is a complete music production app for iPad. It consists of a complete recreation of the legendary Korg MS-20 analog synth with the patching capability, plus a 16-step analog sequencer based on the Korg SQ-10, a six-part drum machine which can create drum parts by simply tapping the buttons, and a seven-channel mixer with 14 types of effects.
In addition, iMS-20 offers dual Kaoss Pads allowing you to generate music by simply stroking the pad and moving your fingers over it. Experiment to come up with wild musical phrase! And with access to the SoundCloud audio platform*, you can publish your songs, or collaborate on ideas with people anywhere in the world from within the app!
• MS-20 monophonic synthesizer : 1 unit
• Analog sequencer : 1 unit
• 6-part drum machine : 1 unit
• Mixer : 1 unit
• Song/Pattern composer : 1 unit
MS-20 monophonic synthesizer:
• Analog modeling synthesizer (MS-20 modeled by “CMT” Component Modeling Technology)
• 2VCO / 2VCF / 1VCA / 2EG / Patch Panel
• Additional functions : Modulation Key/Tempo Sync
• Insert effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• 16-step analog sequencer
• Control notes, volume, pan, parameters, and voltages via knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types)
• Trigger out per channel or step position
6-part drum machine:
• 6-part/16-step drum machine
• Create sounds by sampling a single note from a built-in MS-20
• Controllable notes, volume and pan by knobs
• Configurable steps (1-16) and sequence mode (6 types) per a part
• 7-channel mixer
• Double needle meter indicates VU level
• Master effect (selectable from 14 effect types as below)
• Compose a song or select a pattern, built-in mixer
• 16 patterns and 256 bars per a song
• Tempo setting (20-300 BPM) and Swing function
• 14 types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Reverb 1, Reverb 2, Chorus/Flanger, Equalizer, Compressor, Tube Simulator (Valve Force), Low-Pass Filter, High-Pass Filter, Band-Pass Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator, Grain Shifter
• Keyboard : Variable width (22, 26, or 29 keys)
• Kaoss Pad : 2 units
- Performance pad : Key/Scale (31 types) settings
- Parameter control pad : X-Y axis parameter settings
• Audio export function (Bouncing a song or pattern, and Real-time recording a performance: 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share songs online with the SoundCloud audio platform
• Various template patterns by music genre are included
• Various template sounds by sound category are included
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
• Now supports iOS13.
• Other improvements and bug-fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a brilliant app, possibly one of the best you can buy. It's very very close to an MS20. My original MS20 owning mate went so far as to say, "it's an MS20...each one has it's own nuances, so it sounds like whatever machine they based it on". It's brash, wild, unapologetic and stands out. I'm sure it could sit in a mix but it's at its best when it's being pushed. With the routing options and slightly unconventional setup it's great for tweeking and coming up with unique sounds. The step sequencer is perfect for techno style bass lines and the drum machine section is brilliant, essentially making this a multi timbal MS20. The drums are all MS20 but don't worry, the presets give you some good starting points, from there, get playing. It's fun. It makes me want to experiment and touch it and that is a great recommendation. For me, it's a techno beast, nasty synth noises, weird stuff, cutting leads and bass lines are where it excels. The drums are fantastic too. It has a grit and originality to it that makes it very appealing to my ears, and I'm sure to many other producers. The in built pattern sequencer means you could in theory write a whole track using only this. Though it will export audio if you want to mix elsewhere.
Love it. I don't think anyone will be disappointed by this. A great purchase.
Brilliant showcase app
I’d love to own one of these synths to play around with, but cannot justify the cost, nor the space. But [as a dabbler] why would you need to when you have superb, detailed and authentic reproduction in software such as this!?
This software is a showcase app for the iPad and everyone should have it available to wow friends and family. Sure, it’s not cheap, but it is incredible bang for the buck, and quality through and through, as you would expect from Korg.
It was one of the first apps I bought when I got my first iPad and is even better on the new iPad Pro. I have had endless fun playing around with it over the past few years and yet have barely scratched the surface of its capabilities, which are formidable. I feel like Rick Wakeman; I only wish that I could make this “sing” like he can.
Korg have made available some beautifully crafted apps for the iPad. Do not hesitate to buy any of them; it will be money well spent whether your a musician or otherwise. Well done, and thank you, Korg!!
I love this app but...
I’ve owned it since it first came out and I love the sound but it just isn’t usable in the modern iOS music making environment. No midi sync, no inter app audi, no AU3 — so it sits on my iPad, loved but unused. For an app with a retail price of thirty quid, that’s not acceptable in this day and age.
Come on, Korg. Sort it out. Five stars if you bring it up to a modern standard. And shouldn’t it work with Gadget too?
Edit: We asked, you listened. Five stars. I love you guys at Korg. So much so that when the Minilogue XD ships later this month, Ima be first in the queue.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the review. I'll share your comment with the dev team. Best, KORG app team
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- KORG INC.
- 50 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 KORG INC.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.