Lairytales are seriously stinky stories that use the power of laughter to improve learning and literacy for 2-8 year-olds.
Kids become co-creators in this story book app, by designing their own wickedly wonderful characters that appear on each page, waiting to be discovered.
The Lairies are naughty creatures with horrible habits who come to life at the top of the tallest tree in Wagglewood. Children will relate to the Lairies' rude and hilarious quirks, from the super smelly Parp to lazy old Ho-Hum and pesky twins Peep and Bizzy. Each Lairy takes the lead role in one of the Lairytales, which begin with the story of Parp and the Secret Stink.
The Lairytales are full of bright illustrations, naughty noises and wicked words. You'll soon find your children choosing to read and get creative, instead of switching on the TV.
• Free to use, no adverts, no in-app purchasing.
• Each story personalised with your children's own custom characters.
• Share the experience with younger readers by helping them to design and name their own characters.
• Engage children with stories as they discover their own characters on each page
• Colourful illustrations, crazy characters and naughty noises!
• Supports all reading levels throughout primary school Key Stage 1 and early Key Stage 2. Children choose to read alone or follow along as the stories are read to them.
• Multiple child profiles so siblings have their own space to create.
• New stories added regularly to help keep kids reading.
Help your children learn to love reading with the Lairies and Lairytales and turn screen time into storytime.
Woohoo! It’s book two! A new Lairytale is available with this release.
Find out how Ho Hum bungled Violet’s birthday party. Oops!
We’ve also got some great new word games and reward stickers available.
Ratings and Reviews
Great hidden gem for kids!!
You won’t find this on the mumsnet lists but this is one of the best apps for my 5 year old we’ve found! She has no idea she’s learning while she’s playing around! It’s become just like a favourite book that she wants to read, but because it’s on the phone it feels special. She’s picked up a couple new words and is trying to read without the voiceover already!
The atmosphere the app creates is really cool, genuinely feels like a fairy tale from a far off place. The music and the voice work is really well done!
I highly recommend this for anyone who has a child who is not reading all the way through just reading on their own. They will Love it and you’ll love watching them!
My niece who’s 5 loves the Lairies App. Especially finding her little homemade Lairy on every page.
Great for educating and entertaining kids
Brings fun and learning together and the characters are amazing. Brilliant!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.