Le Monde diplomatique is the place you go when you want to know what’s really happening. This is a major international paper that is truly independent, that sees the world in fresh ways, that focuses on places no other publications reach. We offer a clear, considered view of the conflicting interests and complexities of a modern global world.
Please note: this is the French-language edition. The English edition is available as a separate app.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. Within the application you can upgrade to full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of back issues (to August 2006). Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£2.99 per month
£42.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
the text is not readable properly
Very good newspaper but until they make it readable when you zoom on the iPad I'm afraid no one will rate it more than 2 stars.
This is very difficult to read, and impossible - it seems - to unsubscribe from. Until the publishers respond to my email requesting an end to my 'automatic monthly subscription' I will be writing complaints about this!
french edition more expensive
why is the original French edition (the one that i want) 20% more expensive than a translated version?
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 11.7 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Le Monde diplomatique £3.99
- Le Monde diplomatique £42.99
- 30-day access £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.