** This update includes 2018/19 Lectionary content. Supports iOS 9 and above**
Integrate the Church of England's pattern of daily Bible readings seamlessly into your life with the official Common Worship Lectionary app for iPad.
For each day of the church year, it presents the Common Worship lectionary readings in full, complete with dynamic links to the Bible passages themselves (NRSV translation). All approved variations are clearly presented, including the Additional Weekday Lectionary.
The app also allows you to:
- Access the Collect and Post-Communions for the day at the touch of a button.
- Mark and annotate records – ideal for service planning.
- View the week's lectionary in a single page.
- Start your annual lectionary whenever you like: no need to wait for the new church year.
- Read biographies from 'Saints on Earth' of individuals commemorated in the Common Worship calendar on that day.
The app is free to download and includes a free 14-day subscription with access to offline Bible readings. After this has expired you can take out a subscription to access either online only or offline.
• In-app subscriptions are purchased using your iTunes account and automatically renew. 12 month or 3 month subscription options are available
• If you already have a web subscription you can use these account details in the app to view available content.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
The Common Worship Lectionary app includes the official Calendar, Bible Readings (NRSV) and Collects from the Church of England.
Added data for Advent 2019 to the eve of Advent 2020 (Year A).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great reference source
I find the lectionary app a really valuable tool for service planning with access to all of the lectionary texts for each day.
The cutting and pasting facility for the texts means that I can print and annotate them when preparing sermons and this is even more useful now that it can be used on the desktop.
It is a real time-saver.
Overpriced and lacking in function
I have used the Solus CW&P online app for some while, but was excited by the prospect of offline readings and full lectionary with readings for Holy Communion offered by this app.
My first disappointment was the lack of an index showing when a specific biblical passage is due to be read. Having to pay an annual sub of about £10 also seems pricey, but the real killer is that you cannot pay through the App Store and are instead forced to use in-app purchases. Surely no right-minded individual who allows their children (or other people) to use their iPhone should ever have in-app purchases enabled?
No. For this sort of money then, aside from the above issues, I'd expect to have the ability to access multiple versions of the Bible (perhaps through integrating the app with Olive Tree's Bible Study app); a link from the date field to iPhone calendar for that date; and an indication in the page title (as a reminder) of which year (A, B or C) applies. That's why I can only award two stars at present to an overpriced app that is lacking in functionality. Sorry.
At last, a lectionary that really works!
I love this app. With a group of small churches, I need to take a lot of stuff with me from place to place. For years I have struggled with iPod, iPhone and ipad versions of Bible and lectionaries at morning prayer, with the congregation looking pityingly at their technology obsessed vicar while they flip straight to their place in the paper book. At last, this app does exactly what needs to be done and provides all the options literally at my fingertips. Beautifully designed and well presented, with a typeface that can be read as easily on the iPhone screen as on the ipad.
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 90.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Aimer Media Ltd and The Archbishops’ Council 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- In-App Purchases
- Full Lectionary: 3 months with off-line Bible (NRSV) readings £3.99
- Basic Lectionary: 3 months with on-line Bible (NRSV) readings £1.99
- Basic Lectionary: 12 months with on-line Bible (NRSV) readings £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.