LEGO® Life is a safe, creative social app designed for kids and keen LEGO builders. Children can share their creations in the fully moderated community, get inspired and engage with other young LEGO creators using emoticons and moderated text comments in an entirely free and safe social media app for kids. A fun app for nurturing kids’ education with awesome LEGO building ideas, decorating challenges and quizzes, LEGO Life is the ultimate companion for LEGO creators, packed with fun and fuelled by kids’ imaginations.
With LEGO Life kids can:
- Build themselves using the LEGO Minifigure Avatar creator and customise their character profile with a safe, anonymous nickname
- Bring their Avatar to life with an augmented reality feature on compatible phones
- Safely upload and share photos of their creations in the LEGO Life community with a one-time account verification by a parent
- Use emoticons and sticker comments to chat with other young LEGO creators in the community
- Discover building tips and hacks to learn how to use LEGO bricks in brand new ways
- Take on exciting challenges with kids building, decorating and quiz activities
- Find awesome, kids-safe videos featuring LEGO Harry Potter™, LEGO Star Wars™, LEGO NINJAGO, LEGO Friends, LEGO Minecraft™, LEGO Technic, LEGO City and more!
- Friend their favourite LEGO characters, including LEGO Batman, Anna and Elsa from LEGO Disney Frozen or the LEGO Friends, and follow their posts
Safe social media space for kids to share:
- To ensure safety, kids have a completely anonymous profile and username and can make their own LEGO Minifigure using the Avatar creator
- Verify your child’s account to control the actions they can perform and unlock the full LEGO Life experience for your child, including features where they can share multiple pictures or comment with text on LEGO posts
- Account verification is quick, easy and is only required once
- All uploads, including text comments, are fully moderated before being approved as safe for kids
- Captain Safety, our digital safety mascot for kids, guides users through the app to ensure a safer, positive social media experience
- The app is FREE and there are no adverts, in-app purchases or third-party advertising
LEGO marketing content and information is served in the hope of inspiring children’s creative play
- All uploads, including text comments, are moderated before being declared as safe for kids sharing - those revealing personal information or containing unsuitable material are rejected
-Verified Parental Consent requires a one-time ID document, credit or debit card review to ensure the person verifying is an adult. Verification is totally FREE of charge. Your ID or card details will not be stored anywhere on our systems
-It is possible to verify using the most common credit and debit cards, passport, driver’s licence and ID cards
- As part of the LEGO Account sign-up, we collect the following information from you and your child:
o The country in which you live
o Your email address
o Date of birth
We use your personal information to manage your account and review anonymised data to provide a safe, contextualised and excellent LEGO building and kids social networking experience. You can learn more here: https://www.lego.com/privacy-policy and here: https://www.lego.com/legal/notices-and-policies/terms-of-use-for-lego-apps/.
- For app support, please contact LEGO Customer Service: www.lego.com/service
- The list of compatible devices for the augmented reality avatar feature can be found at www.lego.com/service/device-guide
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2021 The LEGO Group.
LEGO Life is a social media app for kids, with safer security measures, inspiring education through building. Find fun kids’ videos and lots of LEGO building, decorating and quiz activities in our creative social media network for young LEGO Creators.
We have made the LEGO Life experience even better by fixing some bugs and improving performance in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome, but a few small issues
This app is really good, especially for children aged 6-13. It allows Lego lovers from all over the world to come together and post their creations. Lego lifers are able to like and comment on others posts, and friend people who inspire them! Users can create a personalised Lego avatar that will appear on their feed, and can chose from a variety of fun usernames to keep their name private.
However, their are a few issues. For starters, commenting on people’s posts is not always easy; some people are able to use letters, but others not. Instead, they gave to use a safety approved emoji keyboard and stickers. All though Lego life users have grown used to the fact that they are unable to use words, it is still very frustrating. This is a common problem all over the app, and needs to be sorted.
On the app, users are allowed to report posts that they find harmful/upsetting. However, lately, it has become an issue that people are unnecessarily reporting people’s posts. Developers really need to find away to solve this problem. Reporting posts shouldn’t be that easy, as it means that pictures can disappear off your feed for no good reason.
Other than that, the app is good and I highly recommend it to you!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, it's really appreciated! 😊 You actually shouldn't have any trouble commenting if you're in an English-speaking country. Your parents can double check for you, if your account is set right and you got the needed consent. As for our moderators, our team always makes sure to double check any reported posts, so things get removed if they don't follow our guidelines. We wish you loads of fun on the app and happy building! 🤗✨ -Gabriela, LEGO® Customer Service
We have just downloaded the Lego life app and started to set up a child account. It worked great and went through easily. But when it got to the adult account it started to go wrong. It asked for my dad’s ID verification to make sure he was an adult . There were two two options. Either credit card verification or ID verification. We did ID verification and it said have your ID ready ,but then it said that the process wasn’t working. We tried again and it said the same thing. So we tried the credit card method. It said on the options page that you would not be charged, but when we got to the page it asked for the credit card number and the cvc number. But a cvc number is confidential information! So that was a huge red flag! It wouldn’t let us do the other option so we would have to do the credit card! So we came out of the app and deleted it. I was very upset because I was looking forward to sharing my creations. But also suspicious that they were asking for the cvc number.
Developer Response ,
Please know the app is free and we’ll never save your info. We just need a parent/guardian to say it's okay for you to post - that's why we verify their age with a credit card or an ID. Please try reinstalling the app and then try verifying the app with an ID again. Still having trouble? Get in touch at LEGO.build/Service-Apple. 📞 - Sarah, LEGO® Customer Service
Good! Only a few problems
Hello! I feel like I have outgrown this app so I’m going to write a review. I feel like this app is really good for kids aged 6-11, the community is amazing, everyone’s funny and it’s just a good app! My first problem is that some people can only comment using emojis... this is quite annoying because my brother can’t comment on anything really other then a smiley emoji, I don’t know if this has been put in place for a reason or it’s just a mistake. Also, my brother was once logged out of his account for no reason, I don’t know if there is a log in option or not, but he said that there wasn’t. Sometimes you can post things and it says that it is inappropriate when it’s just of you character, this is kinda odd because it’s just a person.
Overall, this app is amazing and I would recommend it!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LEGO System A/S
- 445.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2021 The LEGO Group
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.