Life Cycle automatically keeps track of your time and presents your life sorted into slices. It shows you your daily activities, places you go, and who you spend time with. Life Cycle weekly journal provides personalized insights and clarity to your week passed. Start each week with a look back. Remember where you’ve been and vision where you’re going.
Whether you’re just curious of how your time is spent or looking to make a change, Life Cycle is your daily companion, providing you with all the information and insights you need. What’s more - it uses only 1% of your phone’s battery while it seamlessly does the work.
• Automatic - Life Cycle works in the background, recording and sorting what you do as you go about your daily business.
• Less than 1% battery - Life Cycle uses less than 1% of your battery per day as it runs in the background.
• Weekly journal - Weekly insight to activities, accompanied by photos tied to moments passed.
• From a day to a year - view your life day by day, week by week, month by month or even year by year.
• Apple Health - Fully integrated. Imports all activities, mindfulness and sleep data.
• Friends - Connect with your friends on Facebook and see who you’re spending time with, what you’re doing and where.
• Sleep Cycle connection - For accurate sleep data, connect with Sleep Cycle alarm clock through Apple Health. (Life Cycle only reads data from Health, it does not share any data. It reads Sleep Analysis and Steps data.)
• Connect to your Sleep Cycle account - If you have an online backup account with Sleep Cycle, Life Cycle will let you know how your daily habits affect your sleep quality score.
• Backup - Keep your data safe with our backup system. Never worry about losing your Life Cycle logs again.
• Graphs - Beyond the donuts, Life Cycle shows you what you do with your time in detailed graphs for deeper analysis. The visuals gives you insight to if you're spending your time on what’s most important to you.
• Compare trends - see if you’re dropping in sleep hours, if you’re working too much or if you’ve taken longer walks this week. Compare trends over the weeks, months or years.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Life Cycle does not use the GPS in the background, but instead relies on cell tower and Wi-Fi locations. As a result, it consumes less than 1% of your battery per day, when the app runs in the background.
• Life Cycle needs to run in the background to be able to record your data. It only uses 1% of your battery per day when doing so.
• You need to carry your phone with you, for Life Cycle to accurately record and interpret your activities.
• Wi-Fi should be enabled on your phone for tracking to work.
The optional Premium subscription costs $9.99 per year.
Should you choose to subscribe to Life Cycle Premium, the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends, with the same kind of subscription you already bought, to the same price. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of service: https://www.northcube.com/terms-service-life-cycle/
- Improved handling of new location permissions in iOS 13
- Several fixes and improvements in the journal
- Fixes and improvements for insights
- And a few other minor adjustments
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I first downloaded this about a year ago and used it for a month or two and it was fine, then they updated the version and the location tracking has been atrocious ever since. I regularly go to one location which is a 10 min walk from my house but because the locations cover such a large distance it doesn’t recognise the walk between and for example will say I left one location and 8.45 and arrived in the next one at 8.46 when in actual fact the timings were 8.40 and 8.50 with a 10 min walk between. It also logs locations when you are stuck at traffic lights for a minute or two and it only updates every 5 mins or so, so for example if you go on a short car journey of a mile or two and then head back shortly afterwards (dropping someone at the station for example) it will log a random halfway point where you have been waiting in traffic and say you have been there for 15 mins. Each time it updates, the location settings seem to get worse and I think I’m going to delete this app if the glitch isn’t corrected on the next update. It might be fine if you live in an area where there are huge distances between locations but in the U.K. (particularly the major cities), where people live in terraces and live and work on narrow streets and lots of places are easy walking distance, this is not very accurate.
Although this app is mostly useful, there is one major thing which drives me crazy. The app constantly fails to notice that I’ve left home and walked to the local shop, done some grocery shopping for half an hour and walked home. It says I’ve been at home all the time. This wouldn’t be such a problem if editing worked correctly, but it is totally illogical. If I tap the section of the chart that says I was at home, press the plus button, type in that I was at the shop for the last half hour, and change the location to the name of the local shop, I would expect it to physically move my location during that time to the local shop. Instead, it just creates a new location on top of my house with the same name as the local shop, with the result that the app then inexplicably decides I’m at the shops every time I’m at home.
A lot of work needed.
Just the job
No idea where these negative reviews are coming from, although some clearly expect the app to track things is doesn’t even claim to track ?
I find it to be accurate (most of the time) and without a shadow of a doubt outperforms it’s competitors. Take into account the 1% battery drain, weekly summery and comparisons - it’s a must have app for me... well worth the premium membership.
Going forward, would like to see a monthly summery (like the weekly option) and better / enhanced share options. But it’s fair to say, since I downloaded last summer the developers have updated and improved numerous times so hopeful of further enhancements.
- Sleep Cycle AB
- 29.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Northcube AB
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features with Online Backup £9.49
- Premium Features with Online Backup £4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.