The ePOS system preferred by serious retailers in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed retail ePOS is more than just a cash register. It’s a smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale system with built-in features like inventory management, detailed reporting, customer management, multi-location compatibility, employee management, and so much more, all on the cloud.
The app centralises everything your staff needs based on their role. Now, cashiers have their own intuitive profile tab in ePOS-mode that lets them focus on sales, and managers can toggle into the Manager tab to perform daily tasks. This split-functionality minimises distractions and potential for mistakes and requires almost no training time for new employees.
Complete transactions and instantly access your sales data from anywhere, so you can spend more time focusing on what’s most important—your customers.
- Complete transactions from anywhere in your store to reduce wait times.
- Snap pictures of new stock straight from the sales screen.
- Perform on-the-spot returns, accept gift cards, apply discounts and sell on-account.
- Send receipts via email.
- Process special orders, layaways, and work orders.
- Provide customers with a clear view of the items in their transaction, including taxes and discounts, with a Customer Facing Display (CFD).
Manage inventory and collections
- Sell bundled, serialised or unique items.
- Easily manage multiple variations of the same product.
- Import up to 1,000 new items in 1 click.
- Combine purchasing, transferring, and multiple vendors into one master order.
Track data and performance
- Track sales and inventory with reports on profits and fluctuations over time.
- Identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Detect trends in your stock movement and learn what your top performers are.
- Get a clear view of your customers’ needs and shopping habits.
Screen reader support enabled.
Provide employees with easy-to-use tools
- Empower your staff with an intuitive, easy-to-learn app. Minimal training required.
- Simplify your cashiers’ workflow with one screen for everything they need to open and close their day.
- Create a simple and logical workflow tailoured to your business.
- Track sales and performance reports per employee.
- Limit access to refunds, products, pricing, or sales data with custom user permissions.
Supercharge the ePOS with integrations
- Sell in-store and online with Lightspeed’s fully integrated eCommerce solution, Lightspeed eCom.
- Drive more repeat business and build long-term customer relationships with Lightspeed Loyalty.
- Build your perfect system with over 250 integration options.
Add hardware and payment processing
- Choose from a variety for integrated payment processors to speed up checkout.
- Connect external hardware like Bluetooth barcode scanners, receipt printers, cash drawers and customer-facing displays.
- Reduce credit card fraud with EMV-compatible hardware.
Get free onboarding and 24/7 support
- Receive a personalised one-on-one onboarding session with a Retail ePOS expert.
- Call or chat with support agents 24/7.
Lightspeed ePOS is the perfect fit for:
Bike and sporting goods
Fashion and apparel
Jewellery and accessories
Pets and supplies
Toys and hobbies
Fitness and supplements
Wine, spirits, and liquor
Health and beauty
Ask our friendly retail ePOS pros. Call +44 203 695 9599 or go to our support center for helpful tips, training videos, and system updates.
Start accepting tips in store
North American Lightspeed users can now give customers the option to tip employees for their services. Simply turn your iPad towards your customers at checkout or set up a Customer Facing Display to show your tipping options. To calculate how much to pay out to your employees and see their tips earned in real-time, you can rely on the new Tips By Employee report. Want to start accepting tips? Go to Settings > Tipping.
Be more versatile with the Zebra CS6080
The new Zebra CS6080 barcode scanner is now supported. With its ability to adapt to your needs through its wide range of accessories, it’s the most versatile barcode scanner in our fleet to date.
Offer discounts to customers without issues
Some merchants experienced an issue where if they added a customer to a sale after applying a discount, the items in the sale would revert to their default price. This is now fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Really wish it could be 5-stars
Don’t be under any mis-impression, Lightspeed is a phenomenally powerful system, and ticks most requirements boxes for pretty much every retailer. But it could be better.
PROS - impressively seamless cross platform between desktop & iOS, very versatile inventory control & reporting, support is exemplary (you’ll need it), main interface is efficient, logical and straightforward, and the integration with iZettle is a joy once you’ve got it working properly.
CONS - it’s not cheap, it certainly has the feel of multiple separately developed apps that have been bolted & bridged together (which it is), annoyingly clunky and slightly illogical when you tap in to many of the more powerful areas of the system, especially the workorders feature, which is excellent as a concept but has has way too many process stages to complete a transaction, particularly having to come out of the retail operation into the admin back-end to finish a job and take payment (very time-consuming)
Hopefully Lightspeed are listening to the feedback from their users like us.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lightspeed POS Inc.
- 130 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.2 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lightspeed Retail Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.