Draw and take notes with ease.
Linea Sketch gives you the right balance of power and control to capture thoughts and ideas effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your creations, not on the tools.
Why Linea Sketch?
⁕ Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea's elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
⁕ Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or create your own with a single tap. Autogenerated tints & shades save time and effort.
⁕ Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged, locked, or adjusted. Use the file browser and photo library to import images for reference and tracing.
⁕ ZipShapes & ZipLines - Simply hold still for a moment after drawing a line, rough square, circle, or triangle and ZipShape automatically creates a perfect version for you. You can then adjust final size, placement, and corner radius.
⁕ Move / Transform - Lasso part of your sketch, then move, rotate, flip, or resize. Transform one or more layers quickly & easily.
⁕ Watercolor Brush - Create rustic & artistic effects by painting with organic pigment in three modes: Simple, Wet, and Cloud.
⁕ Annotations - Add labels, notes, and callouts to your sketches using iOS Scribble or a keyboard. Fonts, colors, placement, and more can be adjusted effortlessly.
⁕ Time-Lapse - Record your creative process as you sketch! Save a video of the result as either a compressed 30 second clip or a full length movie.
⁕ Grids & Templates - A wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
⁕ Universal App - Linea Sketch is a universal app for iPad and iPhone. Your sketches seamlessly sync via iCloud to all of your devices, wherever you go.
What do you get?
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines
• Art Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity
• Marker - Fat solid lines
• Watercolor Brush - Paint with organic, artistic pigment
• Fill - Roll out wide areas of color or tap to flood fill
• Blend - Smudge or soften strokes
• Eraser - Clean up with your finger or Pencil
• Pencil Plus! - Create additional effects using Apple Pencil pressure and tilt
• Always on-screen & easily available
• Tints and shades are automatically generated in six variations
• 11 predefined color sets for various types of drawing
• Create custom colors for branding and consistency
• Drag & drop color swatches with other apps
• Five flexible layers that can be dragged, merged, or cleared
• Import any image from Files, Photo Library, or clipboard
• Lockable to prevent accidental changes
• Adjust opacity or double tap to toggle visibility on/off
• Traditional grids displayed with lines & dots
• Hexagonal, circular, and isometric (3D) grids
• Notepads, to-do lists, and sheet music
• App user interface and icon design
• Storyboards in 16:9, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1 ratios
• Adjustable intensity and can be hidden quickly
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• White Bond, Butcher’s Paper, Black Construction, Blueprint & many more
• Adjustable custom background colors
• Paper grain can be toggled on or off
• Save as PNG, JPEG, PSD, and PDF
• Save entire sketch or crop a portion
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, AirDrop & more
• Presentation Mode shows just the canvas via AirPlay - perfect for classrooms
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, or move drawings within projects
• Thumbnail previews of drawings save time
• Export PDF of entire project
• Two-finger tap for Undo, three-finger tap for Redo
• Pinch to zoom and rotate canvas
• Tap Compass to lock, flip, or reset your canvas
• Supports portrait & landscape orientations
• Supports split screen and drag & drop
Terms and Conditions: https://linea-app.com/terms
Organize projects into collections, turn any tool into a textured eraser with Clear Ink, draw inside elements with Transparency Masking, and explore a new video Help Library.
• Project Collections: Organize your projects into handy groups
- Arrange, name, and organize collections however you like
- Drag and drop projects into collections to update
- Assign custom thumbnails for quick reference
- Collections sync across platforms via iCloud
- Turn the Collection list on or off using Settings
• Transparency Masking: Draw inside or recolor existing canvas elements
- Activate from layer options palette
- The layer's transparent pixels are ignored while drawing
- Use any tool inside to quickly shade, add texture, or recolor
- Automatically "stays within the lines" on any layer
• Clear Ink: Draw or paint with transparency to "erase" areas of a sketch
- Select the chip at the top of the color palette to activate
- Turns any existing drawing tool into a "textured eraser"
- Clear Ink knocks back existing color based on tool size and pressure
- Blend areas of one layer into another to create textured effects easily
• Video Help Library: Learn how to get the most from Linea Sketch
- Watch helpful, step-by-step tutorials
- Explore in-depth walkthroughs of key features
- Enjoy time-lapse drawings to see how other artists work
- Picture-in-picture allows you to follow along while working in Linea
• Project View:
- New Trash container in the Project View safeguards your sketches
- Deleted sketches are now placed in the Trash, not permanently deleted
- Sketches stay in the Trash until emptied manually
• Apple Pencil Double-Tap Actions:
- New Clear Ink action added in Preferences > Apple Pencil > Pencil Double-Tap
- Quickly toggle between the currently selected color and Clear Ink
- The hex values of custom color chips can now be copied as regular text
- Visual improvements to custom color chips to identify them more quickly
- New templates section for Games
- Sports scoresheets for baseball & bowling
- RPG Character Sheet
- Improved clarity of the template icon
• Fixed theme-related interface bugs with custom color selection
• ZipSquares and Rectangles are now drawn with pixel-perfect edges
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great app ngl but there is something that I don’t really like about it and it really bugs me when I’m trying to draw something. It’s the fact that you can only undo only about 4 times which is annoying because when I fill something in and it has a hole in it fills a part that I don’t want but you see I’ve all ready tapped it a few times because when you fill stuff the colour is lighter. So now I have to undo it and fill in the gap but I can’t undo all of it and it’s really annoying because now all the colours (on the place I didn’t want to fill in) are going to be messed up. Anyways if you got to the end of this then I just wanted to say that this is a good app if you are looking for something but I still really do despise the only 4 undos. :)
Excellent app with one main criticism
I love this app and it’s a refreshing change from the complex power-apps out there (that I still love), but it’s really nice to find a simple-yet-powerful app like this for sketching things out and playing around with marks without getting bogged down with millions of options.
My only criticism is the lack of fine graduation on certain tools with the tilt function on the Apple Pencil. The pencil tool has 2 tilt settings, and the marker has 1 (other than non-tilt). The pen is nice and gradual and I really like it. But the fine liner and pencil tools - I find it really difficult to get the tilt just right for the thickness I’m aiming for. Or with the marker, the thickness might jump from standard to ‘tilt’ when I’m not expecting it. I understand that these tools are made to mimic real-world drawing but still I feel it would be better to make the pencil and marker graduated like the pen, rather than jumping in steps. Maybe it’s just me but i find it difficult to control, especially with the pencil tool as I’m having to use the undo button *a lot* with this tool when trying to shade because I misjudge it. I’m tempted to turn off tilt altogether but i would rather not. For the time being, I’m finding this behaviour is discouraging me from doing any ‘real’ work in the app.
Nice if you want to keep things simple
I’m learning to sketch and have been using ProCreate as an analog to pencil and paper. I decided to give Linea a try and I’m pleased I did because the interface is so much nicer than ProCreate and less daunting, but I still feel there are a couple of things I’d love to see come over to Linea that ProCreate offers:
* Some sort of smudge tool for blending fills like you do with graphite and your finger in real life.
* A time-lapse video of me doing the sketch. It can be fascinating to watch these back in ProCreate and see how your sketch came to life.
Updates have been slow coming and I was worried they’d decided not to keep the app updated but March 2018 they surprised us with some additional functionality including portrait mode and the ability to import photos. Hopefully they’ll be adapting the app into the de facto standard for sketching apps as time goes by.
Developer Response ,
Linea Sketch was just updated to version 2.0 in March and added tons of new features including straight line (ZipLine) support, move/transform of selections, split-screen, portrait support, drag and drop support and more. Please do take a look and consider updating your star rating if you would, every bit helps. Thanks for listening and thanks for using Linea Sketch.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Iconfactory
- 103.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 The Iconfactory, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Linea Monthly Subscription £0.99
- Linea Yearly Subscription £9.99
- Linea Full Purchase £25.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.