Linky lets you easily share webpage links, images and text extracts to Mastodon and Bluesky from your iPhone and iPad.
Write your post, choose which preferred social networks and Linky will do the rest! You can connect Linky to Mastodon and Bluesky.
Linky's very own iOS Share Extension allows you to post messages without ever leaving third-party applications.
Want to share a webpage Link? Linky can insert both the url and the title of the webpage as required. Linky will suggest images related to shared links and can attach them to your messages. It can also shorten links, giving you access to further link analytics.
How about selected text in Safari? Linky's Web Clipper extracts selected text and carries it over to the composer sheet, ready for you to edit. You can also make a text shot from the text selection for sharing as a beautiful image.
What about a great photo? Share images easily from Photos app and third-party applications. You can also preview the shared image in fullscreen before sending it.
Share any text too! Bring up the extension, the text is copied in the message, edit if required and share. It's that simple.
Use Markup to annotate, crop and edit images inline. Write or draw on the attachment, or add arrows and lenses, or obscure sensitive information.
"Linky 5.0 removes friction from sharing links, quotes, and images. I appreciate the intelligent use of Open Graph and Media Cards to save even more time, and I'm a fan of the deeper controls Linky brings when compared to the default share sheet. I can't recommend Linky enough." - MacStories
"Linky turbocharges sharing links and images from Safari or other apps supporting iOS extensions." 4/5 - Macworld
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2019 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2018 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2017 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2016 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2015 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2014 Edition
• Supports Mastodon and Bluesky.
• Post messages simultaneously on multiple accounts.
• iOS Share Extension is integrated directly into Safari and many other third-party apps, allowing to directly share text, images and web page links.
• Add multiple images to your messages (animated gif images are supported).
• Image preview in fullscreen.
• Suggestion of images related to shared links.
• Share selected text in Safari as a text shot image.
• Convert music links from Apple Music or Spotify into a single link that works across different streaming service.
• Markup: annotate, crop and edit images inline. Available tools: Sketch, arrows, lenses, text blocks, pixelate, crop & rotate.
• Links, hashtags and mentions are color-highlighted when composing.
• Usernames are auto-completed when typing the @ symbol.
• Links can be shortened when the message is sent using bit.ly, CloudApp, Droplr, Goo.gl, and yourls.org (all link-shorteners require an account).
• Clipboard URL: If a URL is copied to the clipboard from another application, Linky will ask whether you want to use it.
• URL Scheme to launch Linky from other apps using the x-callback-url specification (in-app documentation and examples).
• VoiceOver accessibility for the visually impaired.
• Universal App (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro).
• Supports iOS multitasking (Slide Over and Split View on the iPad).
• Haptic feedbacks.
• Supports both portrait and landscape orientations on the iPhone and the iPad.
This version adds support for Bluesky and brings optimizations for Mastodon and iOS 17.
- First-class integration of Bluesky with support for media cards, image attachments, and alt text.
- The character limit for Mastodon now depends on the configuration of your instance (it is usually 500 characters, but not always). Note that it may take several hours to get the correct value in the user interface.
- Makes some optimizations for iOS 17. Linky now requires iOS 16 or higher.
Ratings and Reviews
Very very useful
Use this daily to post for clients to both twitter and facebook and its a great and simple to use app. Have no bad feedback at all, if I had one wish it would be for scheduled posts and for this I would happily pay a premium price.
Nifty utility, and a joy to use (but)
This is something I use every day (though not as much as apps dedicated to Mastodon or Twitter alone). It has a lot of use cases if you occasionally crosspost or want to share links without disrupting your flow.
But there are two things it would take for me to give this app a 5-star review:
1. Alt text in images. For all the great markup facilities, I won’t post images from Linky, because I can’t add alt text – and this is one area where ease of crossposting (when you’re not just saving a simple copy-and-paste) would really be a huge asset.
2. Content warnings when crossposting. At the moment you can’t add a Mastodon CW/spoiler if you’re crossposting to Twitter. Content warnings are ubiquitous on Mastodon, so it’s not great to limit this to Mastodon-only posts. Ideally, I’d like the to be able to add a CW, and have it work in the usual way on Mastodon, but then have the option either to include it (prefixed by CW) as part of a tweet, or to omit it on Twitter.
**WARNING** Screenshot your accounts!
Just a warning to others who might have a lot of accounts added to the app. This latest update REMOVES them all straight after updating. You're not just re-linking them, you have to re-add them from scratch and then re-order them again. Not bad if you only have a few accounts, but if you have a lot it's worth screen-shotting them before updating so you know which you are re-adding and in what order. That's if your pedantic like me anyways and had it set up just like you wanted.
**Actual App Review**
If there is an app that is amazeballs it's this one.
Fantastic addition to the sharing functionality of the iPhone. The ability to add a picture and link to a share at the same time, and share to multiple social media accounts simultaneously is fantastic.
Muti-Facebook account support would make it even more awesome.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Benoit Bourdon
- 12.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Pragmatic Code
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.