*** Named “Most Innovative iPad App of the Year” by Apple App Store ***
LiquidText offers a fast, natural way to review, gather, and organize information across all your documents and webpages—then apply the results to writing reports, meeting prep, or simply studying. Pull out key facts and connect them together, squeeze a document to compare sections, draw a line to connect ideas in different documents, comment on multiple pages at once, build upon your thoughts, and much more.
► WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
* "If you want to experience the power of going beyond paper, you can download LiquidText" – Cult of Mac
* One of Macworld’s Top 24 Apps for iPad Pro
* One of Time Magazine's Ten Best apps for iPad Pro *
* "There's a better way to organize your research, and the app is it." – iMore, Serenity Caldwell
* “All you need for deep research projects.” – Macworld, Jackie Dove
* "The world changed with...LiquidText" – Law360, Paul Kiesel
* "LiquidText may just be *the* app for reviewing and annotating PDFs using Apple's tablet and stylus." – CIO Magazine, James Martin
* “One of the most powerful, original iPad apps I've tried in years” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
► LIQUIDTEXT’S COMPLETE FEATURE SET INCLUDES:
(Note that a single In-App-Purchase is required to put multiple documents in one project, to use drawing, or to search across documents.)
• Create a workspace and import all the documents you need. Web page import coming soon!
• Compatible with PDF files. Compatibility with Word, and PowerPoint documents coming coon!
• Import from Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, email, and more
• Coming soon: Import content from webpage or send to LiquidText directly from Safari.
• Pull excerpts from all the documents in your project into the Workspace area
• Add your own notes to the Workspace area
• Freely draw on your notes, or on the workspace itself
• Organize excerpts and notes into groups
• Connect anything - draw live “ink links” that span pages, documents, notes, and more
• Create mind-maps by drawing “ink links” connecting your excerpts/notes to one another
• Get context - click notes and excerpts to find original source
• Scrollbar shows where highlights, comments, excerpts, and search results are located
• Pinch on your trackpad to compare different distant pages side by side
• Collapse text to see annotated parts side-by-side
• Collapse text to view search results(s) side-by-side
• Import unlimited number of documents into a project, view up to 3 at once
• Freely draw or highlight on your document, notes, or the workspace itself
• Add margin notes/comments to text, images, notes, and excerpts
• Comment on two or more selections simultaneously
• Make comments that link to multiple documents at once
• Search for keywords across all your LiquidText documents
• Search from LiquidText home screen, or from Spotlight
• Find keywords in title or text of your documents
• Export your project as a PDF (includes your Workspace and documents)
• Export your project as a Word file (converts your notes/excerpts into a linear document)
• Send a full LiquidText file for those with the app.
• Send files by email or to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, and more
Learn more at LiquidText.net | Comprehend More.
This is our latest update to LiquidText for MacOS! We've fixed some bugs and improved the performance:
► Significantly improved document scrolling performance.
► Fixed bugs in text editor, and annotations.
► Numerous other bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If your job or studies involve reading through longer works, LiquidText offers the kind of flexibility you’ve always wished for. Using gestures, you can quickly drag excerpts to a workspace on the side, make notes and comments, or compress pages to compare distant sections. With support for popular file formats, sharing options, and cloud services, it’s so intuitive to use that you’ll forget how you ever read without it.
Liquid text is awesome
I have to digest a lot of long PDF documents and Liquid text allows me to quickly summarise the documents and pull out the main parts of text and images. The one area I'd love to see improved would be the ability to use the whole screen for the workspace. Although you can switch the balance between document and workspace, you can't go full screen on either.
I love the new inking feature. It's a very intuitive way to connect things. Moving items in a large workspace can be fiddly.
If I could export the workspace as a hierarchical OPML file (not currently possible) I'd be so happy. Currently the export options are perhaps the weaker area of the program.
Update for v3.5.3
The addition of image import in v3.5 is very useful, this app continues to be first choice for research pulling together multiple sources and extracting out the key elements.
Support is excellent and the development team also listen to and integrate feedback on on how to take the app forward.
Fingers crossed for a macOS version soon!
Update for v2.1.3
The LiquidText team have just removed the final barrier to me using this for all PDF annotating by adding a 32 colour highlight palette.
Now I will undertake all PDF reading, annotating and note extraction and compilation in LiquidText.
The final pieces to the puzzle for me will be the ability to link and format notes within LiquidText and a macOS version.
A brilliant research tool, thank you!
Original v2.x review
An innovative and extremely useful app for anyone seeking to pull together significant volumes of information, extract content quickly and then be able to refer back to the source directly.
Leaving aside the quality of the app, what has prompted me to write this review is the excellent support I have received through the chat function built into the app. I have received prompt (within 24 hours) responses to everything I have raised and asked.
Thanks very much for all the hard work that has gone into this app!
- LiquidText, Inc.
- 97.2 MB
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 LiquidText, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- LiquidText Pro £22.99
- LT Pro - For Students £15.99
- LT Pro - For MultiDoc Users £11.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.