Founded in Edinburgh in 1979, Literary Review attracts contributors who are irreverent, accomplished and amusing. It is a trusted independent source for reviews of new books in history, biography, politics, travel and fiction. It also has a monthly poetry competition with generous cash prizes.
Martin Amis said: "In Literary Review you find something that has almost vanished from the book pages: its contributors are actually interested in Literature."
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. Within the application you can upgrade to full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of back issues to August 2005. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£3.99 per month
£27.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If you take out a subscription through this app, you will not have access on your PC, but can store them on iPhone. Take out a subscription on the website, you have access on PC, but can't store them! My advice: Until this kind of legalistic nonsense is resolved, subscribe to the paper edition. I wish I had.
This is a great bonus for bibliophiles like me. It's good value for money particularly with all the back issues that are available. A quality magazine available without the bother of storing print versions - presumably this is "greener" too.
In a word - fantastic.
no access for print subscribers
I have subscibed to the print edition. is the ipad edition included in my sub? (just like the spectator etc)
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 11.5 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright © 2018 Exact Editions Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Literary Review £3.99
- Literary Review £35.99
- 30-day access £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.