#LiveLent: God’s Story, Our Story is the Church of England’s 2021 Lent Campaign.
It offers reflections for each of the 40 days in Lent, from Ash Wednesday to Easter Day (17 February - 4 April) that encourage us to reflect on our own story of God and how we might share it with others.
For each day (Monday to Saturday) the app offers:
• A passage from the Bible
• A reflection exploring the reading
• A short prayer
• Full audio of the daily reflection, including specially commissioned music
• A suggested family activity to help you share the day’s theme with members of your household
For each week, there is:
• A theme, mirroring those of the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Lent book, Living His Story
• An introduction to the week’s theme and an action linked to it
• Links to other #LiveLent resources including weekly group study material
The reflections are written by Stephen Hance and are based on the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Lent Book 2021, Living His Story, written by Dr Hannah Steele and published by SPCK.
Find out more about our full range of Lent resources for individuals, churches and groups at www.churchofengland.org/livelent
The #LiveLent app has been developed by the team behind 2018’s award-winning #LiveLent app (Church of England, Church House Publishing and Aimer Media Ltd and is introduced by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York.
- Full quality audio added for Weeks 5 and 6
- Added dates to the browse menu
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Are you aware that the app doesn’t seem to be working - I and others in our community have registered and logged in (prior to Ash Wednesday), and we’re all getting a white screen. If we delete the app, and reload it, we can see a ‘preview of first day’ (which was helpful for our morning prayer together today) ... but if we log in again, we again all get a white screen. Help!!
Developer Response ,
Very sorry for the issue and the delay. The #livelent app bug is now fixed. Please check your app store for the update
Excellent app - very user friendly
I got this app for my daily devotional and I don’t know what it is, but I have never missed a day. The content is great for helping me reflect on the Bible verse and the prayer is a brilliant guide for when having just read, you still don’t know what to pray about!
The fact that there is also an audio version of the Bible verse is a bonus. I wouldn’t change anything, but if I could add anything, it would be offering the entire devotion including reflection and prayer in audio. I guess this could be a paid feature.
Following the hymns
This is a good app and follows on from the Lent programme well. However it does not provide the text of the hymns, unlike the Lent series. It is difficult to follow the words of the hymns with ‘classical’ singing unless you already know the words. Please, please provide the words. Better still, use singers that can be followed and understood. Some of the Lent programme was a little spoilt by inappropriate style of singing, which is repeated here. For example ‘All things bright and beautiful’ would have been much better with younger voices or maybe a soloist? The singers are very good but just used wrongly!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 203.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © (c) The Archbishops' Council 2020
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.