Healthcare professionals and patients should use this application to search for potential drug-drug interactions between anti-HIV drugs and other medications, as recommended by international treatment guidelines. Results are presented as a “Traffic Light” system (red, amber, yellow and green) to indicate the recommendation. A brief summary of each interaction is given along with a grading of the quality of evidence (very low, low, moderate, high). The application is available free of charge and has been developed by the Liverpool Drug Interactions Group at the University of Liverpool and Clubzap Ltd.
This is an “offline” application that is downloaded to your device. An internet connection is not required to use the application, but is needed for downloading updates.
Why this application may be useful:
In HIV therapy, patients take more than one HIV medication at a time and possibly other drugs to treat co-existing conditions. Many of the drug combinations have the potential to interact and this can affect either the patient's safety or the effectiveness of treatment. For this reason some drug combinations should not be given at all, while other drugs may be used together with caution, possibly requiring adjustments to dosage or time of administration. This application is a guide to interactions that may occur between different anti-HIV drugs and other medications that the HIV-infected patient may be prescribed. The application is regularly updated as new data emerge. Full details about the interactions can be found at www.hiv-druginteractions.org.
- Updated screenshots and description
- Interactions between HIV drugs are no longer automatically calculated. To view interactions between HIV drugs they must now also be selected from the co-medication list.
- Rearchitected application to deliver improved performance.
- Support latest devices and software platforms.
- Performance may be adversely affected for devices running iOS 9.
- Lower battery usage.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Liverpool Drug Interactions Group
- 6.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011-2018 University of Liverpool
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.