Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated tools for professional songwriting, editing and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro provides convenient controls for creating, editing and navigating your songs
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
Professional Music Production
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organised with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Render any combination of effect plug-ins to a selection of audio using Selection-based Processing
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Comprehensive mix and plug-in parameter automation can be part of a region or track
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic or hip hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose from 28 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own acoustic drum kits with Drum Kit Designer using a collection of deeply sampled drums
• Customise the sound of your electronic beats using Drum Machine Designer
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral and modelling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion and modulation stompboxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 2,800 instrument and effect Patches
• 1,000 meticulously sampled instruments
• More than 7,000 Apple Loops in a wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units–compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
Display with 1280x768 resolution or higher
macOS v10.13.6 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
6GB available disk space for minimum install / 63GB hard disk space for full Sound Library installation
• Addresses an issue where some VoiceOver controls became unavailable
• This update also contains additional stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A decent DAW... But...
I'm a proponent of both Logic Pro X and Avid Protools HD, as a blind producer, accessibility on the mac with VoiceOver is vital. Logic Pro X really does provide the most flexible interface possibe. However... There are a number of things which really could be improved upon. These include giving the user the option to completely opt out of installing apple loops, apple instruments, etc and just using the plugins the customer owns, so just using Logic Pro X as the host and now a bulked up system, that'd save over 60gb storage space, etc. The ability for visually impaired users (those who can still see a display) to fully adjust colour profiles of Logic Pro X without third party products to do the same job.. There's some other improvements which really could be considered here, but I will say this. Logic is an easier system to work with than Protools for setting up, etc, plus MIDI work is so much better. Just for information here, I am an experienced Studio tech working in the Accessibility in Music Technology Industry and there are many DAW developers who don't support screen reader technologies, especially VoiceOver, this needs to change.
Missing Loops - Unable to Download
I’ve been using Logic X for around a year - it’s an awesome bit of kit, but it’s not all been problem free. Predominantly using NI, but even without NI VST instruments, there’s a whole host of Logic instruments that I regularly use. In the latest update however, the Apple Loops don’t appear to be working correctly - if I select an ‘instrument’ I’m finding a whole load of loops which don’t appear to be downloadable or playable. There’s a small arrow pointing downward in a circle next to the loop name, but clicking on it doesn’t do anything. I’ve re-indexed the loops but this hasn’t changed anything.
No idea how to fix it, but if it wasn’t for that, it would be a 5 star rating.
solid and improved
Recent changes to the UI have been polished in 10.3.2 - text rendering has improved on non-retina display, and some strange bugs with third party plugins in 10.3 are gone in 10.3.2 (though I did have some issues with Omnisphere 1). Gradually one gets used to the updated UI - lighter and flatter than before, a little “iOS-ified”. Logic’s library of sounds keeps growing, and the included plugins, some of which go back to Logic 5, still are of outstanding quality and more than hold their own ground. Audio region processing (Functions -> Selection-based processing) is great, the A-B options are nice. The mixer has flexible time-saving routing. On a sufficiently fast computer Logic gets out of the way, and is reliable for long hours, and complex projects. Highly recommended.
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.5 GB
macOS 10.13.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2004-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.