Logic Remote is a companion app for Logic Pro X on the Mac. It provides an innovative way to extend the creative power of Logic by using your iPad. Designed to take full advantage of Multi-Touch on iPad, Logic Remote offers new ways to record, mix, and even perform instruments in Logic Pro X from anywhere in the room, turning your iPad or iPhone* into a mixer, transport control, and a flexible Touch Instrument.
Play Logic Instruments
• Play any Logic instrument using a familiar piano keyboard or guitar fretboard
• Tap out beats on drum pads or a drum kit
• Use the scale mode to limit notes to fit the key of your song
• Tap and strum entire chords using Chord Strip view
• Make simple or dramatic changes to your sounds with Smart Controls
• Add the Arpeggiator plug-in to any instrument
Navigate Logic Projects
• Operate basic transport controls like start, stop, record, and cycle
• Swipe the LCD or bar ruler to navigate to any location
• Select and jump to any Logic project marker
• Control recordings on your Mac from another room
• Browse the Sound Library and remotely change Patches
• Enable Smart Help and hover over interface elements on your Mac to display documentation on your iPad
• Remotely trigger Logic key commands with customizable buttons
Mix Your Logic Sessions
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to adjust Mixer volume, pan, solo, and mute controls
• Swipe to scroll or jump in banks to navigate through Mixer faders
• Use the level meter strip to monitor levels and identify clipping
• Enable and change automation modes for each fader
• Use Multi-Touch gestures to shape the tone of your tracks with Visual EQ
• Plug-in view provides access to Logic or Audio Unit plug-in parameters
*iPhone version is limited to use with Logic Pro X and GarageBand for transport control, dual channel strip faders, automation recording, access to key commands, and Touch Instruments for piano keyboard with optional scale modes, guitar, bass, drum kits, drum pads, smart strings, and chord strips.
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Incredibly Useful app
The logic remote app is invaluable to me as a lone producer with my machine on one side of the room and my mic (in a makeshift booth) on the other. I can control recording, levels and create new audio channels for layering all from the app. My only issue atm is that it doesn’t allow monitoring through the headphone jack. As you can imagine, having to stretch my studio headphones from my audio interface to the booth isn’t practical. Please add support so we can plug headphones into the iPhone/iPad etc and monitor the audio in the app✌🏾
I have the latedst update for Logic Pro X and I dowloaded the Logic remote on my iPad 3. Opendup after all the updates on the app and what do I get? Nothing. It connects andelaves it on teh communication window which can't be closed after connection. Close the app and it comes back to that window again. Turn of Logic Prox X, open the app and you get the window again to connect. Truly APALLING piece of software. It never worked properly. Apple are deserting their clients. Just as they removed the audio input from the latest iMacs which is also the optical input for interfaces as well and which suits my equipment perfectly. So what do I do now? Well Apple are not interested in supporting their reputation as THE machines for media and audio processing by forcing us all into USB interfaces, so I may as well go back to Windows which seems to be getting better and better. That hurts. But I am sure that as they also force us into iOS10xxx on our Macs, more software will become flawed or useless. Where is Steve Jobs when you need him...
Pointless app lacking in features
The app works well , no problem connecting to Logic Pro or Mainstage 3 and its nice to have an extra screen for a mixer view when your short of screenspace. It might also be useful to someone who likes to mix, add or play instruments without using the mouse/ trackpad. Since I do not need any of these functions the app is useless . It would be so much better if the app could give you a view of the arrange page in Logic Pro X or the Perform view in Mainstage. Visual cues for singers and musicians are sadly lacking and would make the app an essential addition to anyone who records in the studio and for musicians needing visual cues on stage when using Mainstage.
- Apple Distribution International
- 269.2 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.