Explore the best of London with the official Visit London guide and offline map, in partnership with Mastercard.
Browse hand-picked lists of the best things to do, and discover great things to do in London based on where you are and where you're going.
- Find out what's near you right now from the home screen, including great places to eat and top attractions.
- Find out what there is to do in an area before you go. Just tap "discover nearby" when looking at any point of interest to explore what's worth doing in that neighbourhood.
-Find hidden gems and explore London areas like a local; save places to view offline; and build your own personalised maps to make the most of your visit.
From top attractions, world-class museums, art galleries and amazing shopping experiences to buzzing markets, leafy parks, eclectic nightlife and some of the world’s most famous landmarks, London has it all and it’s all at your fingertips.
AT A GLANCE:
- Unique hand-picked lists of the best things to see and do in London brought to you by our expert team.
- Discover the best of London near your location or near where you're planning to go, including top restaurants, bars and attractions.
- All the key London sights and attractions, including Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, the Coca-Cola London Eye and many more, as well as plenty of hidden gems.
- Explore London like a local with insider guides.
- Easily navigate using our transport maps.
- Check how the Tube is operating with our travel status updates.
- Find out what’s on in London, including major events, theatre shows, exhibitions and much more.
- Save places to view offline to avoid data roaming charges.
- Receive offers and general information notifications based on your location.
- Plan ahead and create your own personal itinerary by saving all your favourites.
- Search for things to see and do, including all of London’s top landmarks.
- Access and book great deals and offers, directly from the app.
- Find the best routes and directions to navigate the city.
- Location responsive, quick and simple.
- Completely free with no hidden costs.
ABOUT VISIT LONDON:
visitlondon.com is London’s official tourism website. Plan your perfect trip by searching the website for hotels, attractions, travel and events. The Visit London app is in English, but you can find our site in French, German, Italian, Spanish and Chinese too.
Improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app very functional
I downloaded this app and was not disappointed. I had high expectations as the official app for London and it really does the trick. I love that I can download the map on hotel Wi-Fi and use it offline. The recommendations were pretty spot on for things to do with kids.
Terrible for Lumiere
So this is the official app for Lumiere prepare to be frustrated. Here’s a few of the quirks I found in my short use for Lumiere light festival 1) whenever you select a specific item on the map it zooms out to show whole of london so you need to zoom back in again, 2) sometimes Lumiere doesn’t load so you need to completely close app and reopen, 3) can’t cross off where you’ve been this would be really helpful, 4) can’t create a route to take you to specific locations you want to go
Developer Response ,
HI DomB82 Firstly our apologies on taking a while to respond & so sorry your experience of Lumiere wasn't as you'd expect.In answer to your points 1. It seems you hadn't updated to the latest version which encompassed zooming to specific installations as opposed to zooming out. 2.The Lumiere layer not loading would have been due to your signal strength as we had 142,000 users over the 4 day period & unfortunately yours was the only device to experience this. 3. We agree with your statement that crossing installations off a list would have been helpful. If you had saved installations to "saved" simply clicking remove on a particular installation would have achieved this for you 4. Saving items would have allowed you to view all installations you specifically wanted to visit &. These are then shown on one map & allow navigation between each.
Again, we are truly sorry you were unable to navigate around the app to find these great features & hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience & that you enjoyed the Festival
Visit London App Team
It’s just simple and easy to use; is it possible to share the app with friends/family?
I would like to tag my friends using this app so we can have reminders to visit places etc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.