Ever wanted a recording studio in the palm of your hand? Looptical is a complete music production solution for iPad and iPhone.
Record your musical ideas on the go and mix them into a finished track, or use them as the basis for a new project back at your studio. Create looped sections of music and combine them to form larger musical sections until you have a finished song. Going from an initial riff idea to full track is easy with Looptical. Then mix the track with comprehensive effects and fully automated mixer controls, or export the MIDI and component audio tracks to your DAW when back at the studio to take your song one step further.
- Play keys with a single or dual 128 key keyboard layout, complete with pitch/mod wheel.
- Use the Scale Keyboard to play scales effortlessly by sliding a finger up and down the screen.
- Strum your way through your own palette of chords with the Chord Guitar.
- Use the Latched Arpeggiator to turn simple chords into sequences of notes.
- Use Quantize to tidy up your performance, and Undo any mistakes.
GO FROM RIFF TO FULL SONG
- Songwriting in Looptical involves creating Loops: building blocks for a song that could be a one bar bassline, an 8 bar chorus, or a 100 bar indulgent guitar solo.
- Use the Loop Bank to combine, merge, repeat, and insert these Loops to form larger riffs, and ultimately a complete song.
- Use the Event List to perform mass edits of notes, such as tweaking velocity, quantize or transpose.
MIX THE TRACK
- Add and mix up to 24 stereo tracks with Looptical's Mixer.
- Add up to 5 Insert effects (Overdrive, Bit Crusher, Compressor, EQ, Filter, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Trance Gate, Delay) to each track, and a single Reverb Send effect.
- All mixer and effect parameters are automated and changes are recorded directly into the song.
ADD VOCALS AND GUITARS
- Record vocals with the iPad internal microphone or compatible audio interface and add your own effects with live monitoring.
- Control input with an intuitive preamp-style gain and noise gate.
INTERACT WITH OTHER APPS
- Record audio tracks directly from any Inter-App Audio (iOS7) Instrument app.
- Use Audiobus (requires purchase from third party) to send and receive live audio to other Audiobus-enabled apps.
MAKE YOUR OWN INSTRUMENTS
- If the 95 keyboard and 50 drum presets (including 600 individual drum hits) are not enough, create your own from scratch.
- Import samples via iTunes Shared Folder, from another iPad music app via the clipboard, or resample the current song.
- Effortlessly create an entire new instrument from a single sample, or add further samples for a multi-sampled instrument.
- Edit your sample to trim, chop, loop, amplify, fade or reverse sections.
- Export your instrument to use again, or even share with others via the Looptical forum.
USE AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD
- Plug in an iPad-compatible MIDI keyboard and you can break out of the iPad screen and compose using a full hardware piano keyboard.
- Play drum parts by assigning piano keys to each pad, or effortlessly noodle a solo by playing the Scale Piano from the major keys.
- Assign spare MIDI controllers such as Pan or Modulation to directly control automation parameters in Looptical insert effects.
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Visit looptical.com and listen to some of the amazing demo tracks created with Looptical.
- Watch video tutorials on using Looptical.
- Download the full instruction manual to read at your leisure.
- Discuss Looptical with other users in our forum and see what they've been doing with the app.
Fixed various issues when running under iOS11.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great music making app!
Loving this app. It's different to other music making apps I've used, only had a mess around with it for a couple of hours, but I'm getting to grips with it easily. Also it's really easy to import sounds from other apps to create your own instruments - took me about 3 mins to sample a drum kit from 'figure' and now it's saved ready to use in other tracks.
You can also record automation on practically anything, and assign effects to each track individually.
I would recommend it, it's quite expensive but I can already see I'll get a lot more use out of it than I will with Cubasis and this is a fraction of the price
Best ios DAW so far.
I wish I could tell you what makes this such a stand out app, as it's such a different approach to other DAWs on ios. I think it's because you end up using your ears more, and it just works. Using an ipad 2 with no problems so far. Fantastic job....and I'm a singer/songwriter more than electronic musician; I'm surprised I've ended up finding a loop-based app my fave.
1st unhappy customer
I had read lots of positive reviews and opinions of this app, so when it went on sale I snapped it up.
I'm experienced with all sorts of hardware and software and usually don't have any problems picking new things up and figuring things out.
This is the first time I can remember, that I just 'don't get it' - nothing about this app is intuitive to me, like at all, nothing, no part of it and I didn't really feel like reading an 81 page manual to get to grips with it.
I think there are probably some cool features and stuff in here, the problem is I need to figure out a whole new and separate workflow for this app and I don't really feel like doing that.
I don't mind adopting new things and even changing parts of my workflow if it means I become a better or more efficient music maker, but this (at the moment) has no place whatsoever in my studio.
This may work very well for someone else, but for me, I'm glad I bought it whilst it was on sale. Oh and it's a rather large install and you can't delete any of the factory content.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.