As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
See also Loopy HD for iPad!
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.com)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Now compatible with Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronises beat, phase and tempo between Ableton Live and compatible apps over WiFi, or between apps on the same device. http://ableton.com/link
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD AND LAYER
- Up to twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT AND CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated MAPI AudioPaste, with support for Intua general pasteboard format.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE AND TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM AND SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips (with automatic conversion to compressed AAC audio).
- Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Note: Loopy is a demanding application that requires an iPhone 3Gs and newer, or iPod Touch 3rd generation (with headset recommended) or newer to run well. Older devices are not recommended for use with Loopy.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
- Revised MIDI clock implementation to provide more robust timeline tracking for some devices.
- Replaced VoiceOver Direct Interaction mode for tracks with buttons, for improved usability and to work around a new VoiceOver bug which prevented scanning across the screen.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a really smart app. It's worth watching the tutorial, although I'm still confused by the difference between 'loop recording' and 'mix recording' - I experimented with both, and they seem to do the same thing. Future enhancements could include a library of small loops and the ability to import (also, a tutorial example would be good with such functionality). I recommend you read the developer's blog. This is an example of someone going the extra mile to take advantage of what the iPhone can do - a refreshing change from the 1000's of apps that all look, sound, and probably taste, the same. Apple - give this guy a job!
Tempo tapping is impossible.
Tapping in a tempo before starting simply doesnt work. I have tried every possible way and its just rubbish. Looks so easy on tutorial, so follow it exactly the same, and no joy. Useless if u want to use for anything outside the default tempo. Other than this u need to be pretty snappy to get everything in time, its almost impossible to have more than 3 tracks running in sync and there is no option of snapping things into time automatically, i think that would be an amazing update. Along with making the app work as it says it does of course!
Also it should be made clear that this is only used to record from the mic, not able to import or record anything else, so u are relying on the quality of your microphone, and noise around you. A phone mic! Obviously no actual quality stuff can be made here, its a toy, a pretty expensive one as far as apps go.
Latest version crash on load iPhone 4s
If it wasn't for latest crash 5 star. I've used reason, ableton, logic, korg, cubase, fruity loops the lot, and whilst a lot remains to be seen/added this is one of the most inspirational products I have ever come across. I wrote over 20 short loop/songs in a week. Quite low-fi and dirty but useable in so many ways. Just panning and playing with layers of my own vocal harmonies, is so much fun. My wish list: fx, at least one undo. How about a perform mode, locking off the edit features where new finger swipes, distort, stretch and effect the sounds! Now that would be something!
- A Tasty Pixel
- 22 MB
Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.