macOS Catalina gives you more of everything you love about Mac. Experience three all-new media apps: Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Podcasts. Locate a missing Mac with the new Find My app. And now coming to Mac, your favourite iPad apps. You can even extend your desktop using iPad as a second display. Now you can take everything you do above and beyond.
• Stream and download over 50 million songs with an Apple Music subscription.
• Access the iTunes Store to purchase songs or albums.
• Find all the music you’ve purchased, downloaded or imported from CDs organised in the improved library.
• Buy or rent the latest movie releases.
• Subscribe to Apple TV channels to watch popular shows on demand and ad-free, online or off.
• Start watching on one device and pick up where you left off on any of your other devices, including Apple TV, iPhone, iPad and compatible smart TVs.
• Find podcasts by title, topic, guest, host and content.
• Begin listening to an episode on your Mac, then seamlessly resume on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch when you’re on the go.
Syncing and backup
• Sync content and back up, update and restore software from the Finder when you connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac.
App Store with Apple Arcade
• Play 100+ groundbreaking new games with one subscription — no ads or additional purchases.
• Browse the latest games, personalised recommendations and exclusive editorial content in the all-new Arcade tab on the App Store.
• Enjoy games across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
• Enjoy a new class of Mac apps built from your favourite iPad titles.
• Expand your Mac workspace by using your iPad as a second display.
• Place one app on each screen, or put your main canvas on your Mac and your tools and palettes on your iPad.
• Use Apple Pencil for tablet input when using your favourite creative pro Mac apps.
Continuity Sketch and Markup
• Create a sketch on your iPad or iPhone and insert it into any document on your Mac.
• Use your iPad or iPhone to sign a PDF or mark up a screenshot on your Mac.
• Control your Mac entirely with your voice using Voice Control.
• Enable Hover Text to display large, high-resolution text in a dedicated window.
• Zoom in closely on one screen when using two displays for improved legibility with Zoom Display.
• Feel secure knowing that the apps you use have been checked by Apple for known malware.
• Authorise access to data when apps request it using new data protections.
• Keep track of your devices and find friends and family with an easy-to-use new app.
• Help locate devices even if they’re not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular.
• Use Activation Lock to protect Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip.
• Enjoy a new immersive, dynamic experience that showcases your best photos and memories.
• View Memory Movies and edit their duration, mood and title.
• Browse using an updated start page that surfaces sites from your history, bookmarks, reading list, iCloud Tabs and even links sent to you in Messages.
• Help secure your accounts using strong passwords suggested by Safari.
• View notes as visual thumbnails in gallery view.
• Enjoy a more powerful search that recognises text in items you’ve scanned and objects within images.
• Share an entire folder of notes using shared folders.
• Use new edit buttons to add dates, locations, flags, attachments and more to reminders.
• Keep track of upcoming reminders with smart lists that automatically organise and display your reminders.
• Take control of your inbox by muting a thread, blocking a sender or unsubscribing from a mailing list.
• Gain insight into time spent using apps and websites and set usage limits.
• Set up Family Sharing to use Screen Time with your family’s devices.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 improves the security and reliability of your Mac.
• Adds a new option to optimise video streaming on HDR-compatible Mac notebooks for improved battery life
• Fixes an issue where the computer name may change after installing a software update
• Resolves an issue where certain USB mice and trackpads may lose connection
Some features may not be available in all regions or on all Apple devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's ruined my Macbook
I got a new 2017 Macbook Retina 6 months ago and it ran like a dream. Since downloading Catalina it has ruined it. It now restarts every hour randomly without warning, the battery drains in a couple of hours, it gets crazy hot, I can't open a lot of apps (and there are no replacements that work with Catalina), I can't customise Alias system icons. I hate it, currently looking at how to revert to Mojave.
Updated due to doing a restore in an attempt tospeed up my mac, now it's running slower, half my apps won't work, and there is no way that I can simply revert this from what I can tell..
Since installing Catalina the OS has not worked with my TEAC DAC it just plays crackly sound.
My DAC has worked properly with previous versions of OSX, but clearly Apple are no longer interested in their dedicated users being able to enjoy high quality sound [just like removing headphone jacks from iPhones].
Yhis problem needs addressing and external DACs need to be properly supported.
- Apple Distribution International
- 4.9 GB
OS X 10.9 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Apple, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.