Magic Stave listens to you singing or playing an acoustic musical instrument and displays the sound as notes on a music stave and shows the note positions on a piano, guitar, violin, flute or chromatic harmonica.
If you have a MIDI keyboard you can connect this to Magic Stave and it will display MIDI notes played directly. You can connect any MIDI instrument through a suitable interface and cable OR wirelessly using Bluetooth (on IOS 8 or later on a compatible device).
Magic Stave records MIDI tracks either from the microphone or directly from a connected MIDI keyboard.
When recording from the microphone only single notes can be detected (not chords). When recording from a MIDI keyboard full polyphonic performance data is recorded.
Once you have recorded a MIDI track you can either play the track via the built-in MIDI player OR play the MIDI data (send it) to any set of connected MIDI devices (sound modules, GarageBand on Mac etc.) you choose.
Share your MIDI files via Airdrop, DROPBOX, MMS or email. Whenever inspiration comes to you, you can sing/play your ideas as MIDI and share.
Automatically detects the key signature you're singing/playing.
Use the large Cent Meter to improve the accuracy of your singing as you can see exactly how sharp or flat you are.
See for yourself in the YouTube demo - search YouTube for 'magic stave'.
A brilliant tool for seasoned music professionals and beginners alike. Ideal for supporting you as you learn to read music or vocalists away from an instrument and want to know whether you're singing in tune.
Learning to read music and not sure whether the note you're playing is right? Magic Stave shows you the note you're actually playing and you can compare that with the sheet music you're reading to check you've hit the right note. All in the correct key signature.
Are you a singer reading music? Magic Stave will display the notes you're singing so you can ensure you're hitting the right note! Magic Stave can automatically tell you the key you're singing in too!
Ever wondered how high or low you can sing? Magic Stave will show you instantly. Works great with all transposing instruments too.
- Converts detected notes via Microphone to MIDI notes.
- See notes on Piano, Guitar, Violin, Flute or Chromatic Harmonica.
- Record MIDI data from Microphone or a connected MIDI Keyboard (via cable or bluetooth).
- Play MIDI recordings via the built-in MIDI Player OR Send MIDI data to connected MIDI devices.
- Auto detect key signature.
- Share MIDI recordings via Airdrop/DROPBOX/MMS/Email
- Note History
- Display notes on Grand, Treble or Bass Clefs.
- Display notes in any major or minor key.
- Display notes on a piano keyboard, guitar fretboard, violin fingerboard with fingering tapes, flute fingerboard or chromatic harmonica.
- Display note names, european names and optional octave information.
- Display the frequencies of detected notes.
- Display the MIDI note number of detected notes.
- Cent Tuning Meter.
- Transposes detected notes up to 12 semitones up or down
- For "Transposing at the Octave" instruments - Guitar, Tenor Sax - display notes on stave correctly.
- Will detect frequencies accurately and fast in the note range C1 to C8.
- Allows the configuration of the reference A frequency.
Works with iPod Touches (if you plug in a microphone to earlier models that don't have a built-in one).
IOS 10 Compatability update and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not as good as I hoped.
Having tried this with singing humming and guitar I found every time it came out jumbled, to be fair i have tried a plug in with a industry standard piece of recording software that did no better, if only I had seen the free version first before paying for the app!
Doesn’t work anymore
This is sad as it was really helpful pitch matching
Such a useful app
I love this app; it does the exact thing I wanted an app to do ie listen to my voice or instrument and display it on the stave. It does so much clever stuff over and above this basic function as well! I took it with me when I went to test out a concertina from ebay and it was great for checking that all buttons were in tune. I play violin to it to check my intonation. Also helps if I get a tune in my head and can't remember what it is.
Really appreciate the addition of the violin fingerboard display, but for me I would like the fingerboard to show either fret lines or finger numbers or both as otherwise from a small display it isn't obvious exactly which fingering is being shown. Maybe as an option?
Thanks for a great app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.