Every time you move a content from one app to the other, compare data side by side or multitask in any other way, you need all the windows arranged accordingly. Magnet makes this process clean and simple.
In one drag to the edge, you size a window into half of your screen. And by dragging windows to the corners, you snap them into quarters. Slide them to the bottom edge of your display to create thirds. Do the same on your ultra-wide monitor and arrange windows into sixths. Taking advantage of such arrangements eliminates app switching and greatly enhances workspace efficiency.
Magnet supports keyboard shortcuts as well, for every command it has to offer. There is that little icon sitting in the Menu Bar where you can find a predefined set or create yours.
・Left/Right/Top/Bottom Halves of the screen supported
・Left/Center/Right Thirds of the screen supported
・Left Two Thirds & Right Two Thirds of the screen supported
・Any Sixth-combination supported on ultra-wide screens
・Fullscreen & all four Quarters of the screen supported
・Activated by dragging (optional)
・Activated by keyboard shortcuts (customizable)
・Operated via Menu Bar icon
・Runs both on Retina and regular displays
・Up to six external displays supported
・Vertical screens supported
・Built to run on all macOS versions since 10.9 Mavericks
・macOS 10.14 Mojave optimized
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really love this app, it comes in handy all the time when working on a few documents at once, airdropping, dragging and dropping files in general etc. At the moment I’m doing a course and I have to watch a video online and follow the instructions on another programme so the split screen works great!
The only problem I have with the app is I don’t comphrehend the shortcut keys, I have tried to do them with no luck as they are similar keys for each position. I also tried to make new shortcuts in preferences but it would just say ‘type new shortcut’ and beep when I pressed on any keys and say ‘record new shortcut’.. same thing when pressing the keys and the only option available is cancel. There must be another way to do it but I haven’t found that too simple so I just continue to click on it.
Cheers Magnet for making my work easier :)
Best of both worlds
Windows 10 users who move to a Mac will enjoy the Apple ’snap’ that precisely position one window next to another; but miss Microsoft’s paradigm of dragging a window to the edge of the screen and having it snap to the left, right, top or bottom. With Magnet you’ll get the best of both world - and more. As well using halves of the screen (and quarters) Magnet also divide the screen into three full height, side-by-side full height slots of equal width and have a window occupy one third or two-thirds of the screen. You’ll be able to drag windows to the left, right, top and bottom. When dragging to the left or right Magnet chooses to snap the window to have the window occupy one half of the screen (rather than one-third or two-thirds) but all the configurations are available with shortcut keys or (and I like this bit) there’s a drop-down icon on the top menu bar providing all the options.
In summary, it’s difficult to see how this product might be improved, and it’s the best 99 pence I’ve ever spent.
This has become one of my most-relied-upon applications. I do a lot of multitasking and travel a lot, so I don’t always have the luxury of multiple monitors. In these cases it’s really good to be able to tile my windows on the same screen. It’s a non-intrusive UI and works well 98% of the time. The other 2% is a bit frustrating though; sometimes (about once every 2 weeks), when I try to make something fill the screen, the shading overlay (which previews the space the window will use) gets stuck over the screen, and the window doesn’t resize. I’ve found the only way to resolve it is to quit the application and re-open it, which is a bit of a pain for a menu bar app as you have to go and find it. Plus the first few times I had to do this I forgot the name of the app :D
For the rest of the time though, this application is essential for my working day, so 99p and a small amount of frustration is a small price to pay.
- Pavel Kozarek
- 3.1 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- ©  Kozarek & Sedlak
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.