MainStage 3 lets you take your Mac to the stage with a full-screen interface optimized for live performance, flexible hardware control, and a massive collection of plug-ins and sounds that are fully compatible with Logic Pro X.
The Ultimate Live Rig
• Perform live with more than 80 instrument, effect, and MIDI plug-ins or work with Audio Units plug-ins
• Add your sounds from Logic Pro X and GarageBand to bring your studio sound to the stage
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro provides convenient controls for layout, editing, and performance
• Combine instruments and live audio, such as keyboards and vocals, in a single Patch
• Switch between Patches without stopping sound output or cutting off held notes
• Design rich keyboard Patches using splits and layers, the Arpeggiator, and other MIDI plug-ins
• Perform with stereo or multitrack backing tracks using Playback
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger sampled instruments
• Connect your favorite hardware and use it to play and control your plug-ins
• Use USB and MIDI-equipped controllers like keyboards, foot pedals, and drum pads
• Instantly set up a large variety of hardware using automatic device recognition
• Quickly assign hardware knobs, buttons, and faders to onscreen controls
• Manage sophisticated rigs using the Assignments & Mapping overview
Designed for the Stage
• See only what you need during your performance using a customizable, full-screen live interface
• Screen controls adapt for each Patch using Smart Controls
• Smart Controls offer dynamic performance controls that change with each Patch
• Easily view your Mac screen from a distance using a high-contrast, full-screen performance view
• Play deeply sampled, professionally mixed, and fully customizable drum kits provided by Drum Kit Designer
• Perform electronic beats with the Ultrabeat drum machine
• Play classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer sounds using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
• Perform inspired sounds using a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Turn your favorite hardware synthesizers into sampled instruments using the Auto Sampler plug-in
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Play a single note to trigger predefined chords with Chord Trigger
• Perform a part and conform notes to a specific scale using Transposer
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Get the perfect mix with a collection of EQs, dynamics, and other mixing tools
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access a full-screen Tuner to quickly get in tune
• Over 1800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 4600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
Minimum System Requirements
• Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
• 6GB available disk space for minimum install / 57GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
An interesting mix of reviews here.
Logic Mainstge has been a game changer for me in many ways including; studio to stage transfer as a Musical Director of big pop gigs.
It has made touring so much easier as I dont have to cart 6 keyboards around and can work with one or two.
Pop a back up of your Mainstage set on a clone drive or better still a clone mac and you cant go wrong, even lob a copy of you set one on Dropbox and on the tech's mac for the super paranoid.
In 8 years of using Mainstage Ive never encountered and issue that hasnt been somehow accountable to school boy error or hardware.
This many complaints about the update makes me hesitate to download the update.
If it aint broke ..... to much at stake when you are in front of 50k folk.
BUGS MAKE THIS UNUSABLE IN A PROFFESIONAL ENVIRONMENT
BUGS MAKE THIS UNUSABLE IN A PROFFESIONAL ENVIRONMENT.
When using mainstage to playback stereo backing track + Click through the playback plugin we started to notice serious audio distortion, clicks, pops sync and sync slipping between the two tracks.
I looked further into it and can see huge spikes in memory usage from individual patches. (each patch is a backing track) sometimes loading up to 4.9gb and climbing. I have recreated the issue with and without the soundcard, after completely rebuilding the mainstage concert from scratch. I have a couple of short video clips and some screen grabs showing the behaviour.
All started around a year ago. I sent a large bug report with videos on how to recreate the problem and steps taken to try and resolve it - the engineer I was speaking said they could recreate it.. and then radio silence for the past 6 months - so I'm off to QLAB. Such a shame because I LOVE mainstage. If you roll back to the first mainstage 3 release things are more stable but not perfect.
Great bit of software - excellent value for money
Mainstage is fantastic - its incredibly powerful and you can configure it as you wish. The included sounds and instruments are incredible value and its an all round good product. Yes - the fact that you can build your own interface to the program can be daunting but as a musician it offers you real flexibility. I was inspired to write this review having seen comments on here about latency and value for money from another reviewer. Audio latency is dependent on buffer sizes and the audio interface you are using. Mainstage itself cannot be described as having poor latency. On a low powered mac then you might have some problems due to a lack of processing power. I would recommend Mainstage to anyone wanting to try out keyboard sounds or guitar - just be aware that you need a powerful machine and ideally a dedicated audio interface to get the lowest latency. The mainstage software itself is a tiny fraction of this cost and as such is excellent value for money.
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.3 GB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.