The reference guide to rules and signals at sea. Part of a series of Marine Navigation apps, Rules & Signals is a useful tool for sailors, fishermen, surfers and people involved in sea water sports. The Imray Marine Navigation reference products are intended for quick reference and learning.
Beautifully illustrated with diagrams and short, clear text. Remind yourself quickly about a rule or light, or learn at home, traveling or in the winter while planning your trips.
RULES OF THE ROAD:
- Steering and sailing rules.
- Lights and shapes: day and night time marking of boats.
- Sound signals in restricted visibility. Actual sounds.
- Distress signals.
- Full Colregs text.
SIGNALS & COMMUNICATION:
- Buoys: worldwide buoyage systems A & B and animated harbour approaches.
- Buoy lights, animated.
- Sample harbour charts from around the world, with animated lights.
- Flags: flag translator, phonetic alphabet, morse code and message builder.
- Dual flag messages.
- Racing flags.
- Semaphore flags.
- Radio calls including Mayday/PanPan and radio channels.
- Life saving communication including air rescue: Solas V.
- Communication with air rescue.
- Learning cards for all content, by section or for all Rules together.
Content can be scrolled, viewed individually or in sequence. Large images (charts and at a glance images) can be zoomed and panned.
Based on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions and Sea, 1972, with amendments in force from November 1995, SOLAS Chapter V Regulation 29 and the general guidelines for buoys and signals.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
Imray are a leading chart and marine book publishers, based in England and with a catalogue of charts that covers Europe, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Imray's pilot books cover the whole world in extensive detail.
In partnership with Imray, software developers and sailors.
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/imray_charts
Facebook - imraynautical
Look out for other applications in the Marine Navigation Series from Imray:
TIDES PLANNER - tide predictions any date
MARINE CHARTS - Europe Atlantic, Mediterranean, Caribbean, Australia
BOAT INSTRUMENTS & AIS (requires WiFI NMEA bridge)
- iOS13 compatibility including dark mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Good content, difficult to navigate
Whilst the information is accurate and detailed, the layout is a bit haphazard. Perhaps I'm not the target user for this app: I don't use this while navigating, I just thought it might make a suitable replacement for various reference books. It does, to an extent, but it's not complete enough for me. Why are some Rules present and others not? It just feels like an introduction to lights and signals, and I can't help but feel that something's missing.
Considering the price of this app I was surprised to get a message flag up about it which said the application will not be compatible with future versions of IOS and may slow down my phone unless the developer updates the software.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we are working on an upgrade for iOS11 compatibility and it will be released soon. Regards, Imray Support team
Finally got wat i was looking for. Very helpful. Thanks
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- 29 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson Ltd 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.