Refined by years of reader feedback and suggestions, Marvin 3 is the sequel to the acclaimed eBook reader for your iPhone and iPad. With over 150 new features and enhancements, Marvin is the perfect companion for people who are passionate about their books and comics. Get Marvin and find out why readers call it "the most brilliant eReader to come out in a long time".
Together with unprecedented customisation features, here are a few highlights of this release:
- Built from scratch with a brand new interface.
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books, CBX, and CBR comics.
- Supports all the latest iOS technologies including Split View, Slide Over, Spotlight, Touch ID, Today Widgets, iCloud, and iPad Pro.
- High-fidelity rendering with the most comprehensive set of customization options you're likely to use.
- Multi-theme UI with optional automatic light/dark switching.
- Vertical scrolling with auto scroll, guide bars, and edge tapping.
- Goodreads integration.
- Karaoke (speed reading).
- External Bluetooth keyboard and remote control support including customizable key commands for in-book navigation and control.
- Side-load your own fonts.
- Reading statistics.
- Integration with Marvin Side-by-Side (*).
- New library viewing modes and management tools.
- Quick launch panel on iPad.
- Fully customizable, independent, portrait and landscape multi-column modes.
- Whole book page numbering.
- Substantially improved highlighting.
- Footnote popups.
- Photo exporer.
- Reading journal with photos, tags, and maps.
- Extensive import and export tools.
(*) Works best on devices that support Split View and Slide Over, and requires the corresponding Marvin SxS app.
Visit appstafarian.com for a complete and impressive feature list.
Marvin opens DRM-free EPUB books (basic support for 3.0), and CBZ/CBR comics.
If you're into DRM-free books, we worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
This update includes:
* New: Improved compatibility with iOS 11 and latest devices.
* Fixed: Dropbox connectivity problems.
* Updated: Improved Dropbox sync performance.
* Updated: Improved performance of image effects in comic viewer.
* Fixed: Display artefacts on latest devices and system software.
* Updated: Twitter and Facebook share sheets replaced by system share sheet +++
* Miscellaneous performance improvements and fixes.
+++ From iOS 11 onwards, native Twitter and Facebook share sheets need to be replaced with the standard system share sheet. To post you will need the official Twitter and/or Facebook apps installed.
Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to submit a bug report and provide feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good but needs something small to replace Apple's Books
I really love the app. The only thing that I would however prefer is to have the annotatiin feature to be implemented in the same way as in Books. Tapping a word, dragging and lofting fingers should automatically highlight the selected area. For us, who annotate a lot of content, I simply dont want to have to have the menu shown and then have to click the annotate icon.
I like this app, I’ve bought it and use it all the time. Imagine my surprise, though, when having paid for the full version “that unlocks everything”, it actually doesn’t. If you want to use an additional colour, you can buy it. Naughty publisher.
But there’s one feature I really need to make this a long time five star keeper, and that’s the ability to edit metadata for multiple books at the same time, just like I can edit multiple songs in iTunes. Perhaps the feature is there and I can’t find it, but with over 1,300 books loaded, this feature would be more than useful.
Needs better iCloud features
I use this app for all my reading apart from Kindle books. It looks good, runs well and has a lot of different features. However the major downside of it is that it doesn’t/can’t share books between devices, using iCloud. It does keep your place, so you can sync between devices where you are in the book. But unfortunately the library isn’t shared. Leading me to having to AirDrop books between devices (not a major hassle but also shouldn’t need to do that). Needs to get this feature to be a 5 star app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Appstafarian Limited
- 87.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2013-2016, Appstafarian Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features £4.49
- Fabulous Tip £4.49
- Generous Tip £0.89
- Amazing Tip £1.79
- Incredible Tip £2.49