If you are using iOS 9, you should get the latest and greatest Marvin 3 with 150+ new features including vertical and auto scrolling, speed reading, comic book support, text-to-speech, and much more.
This update contains stability and performance improvements:
- Improved reliability of large backups.
If you have a moment, please remember to rate and review Marvin. It really helps a lot.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but not yet great
Marvin is a great little ebook reader with only a few remaining annoyances that stop it from being truly great.
1. Any book that is read to 100% should be automatically marked as read. I have neither the time nor inclination to manually flag a book as read every time I finish one. Without this automatic flag, I have no way of seeing which of my hundreds of books remain unread other than scrolling painfully through while looking for a "new" flag. It's very annoying.
2. Please offer more permanent view options for the library. When I open the library, I don't really want to see all my several hundred books in a list. I want to see them grouped as one entry per author (or series, etc.). The current smart view option of showing the list of author names in a side bar doesn't cut it because it's not a permanent library view, and I also want to see book covers (not just author names in text) to help me find what I'm looking for.
3. Please - oh please - implement either an automatic or batch upload to Dropbox. I back up all my ebooks on Dropbox. At the moment, if I download a bunch of new books into Marvin (e.g., via the handy "get books" tool), I have to manually upload each one slowly and painfully to Dropbox via a long series of taps/swipes. Dropbox integration is very useful but not very usable right now.
Get this version
Those looking for a better iBooks, from which you can Air drop books should get this version of Marvin. There are other versions that may appear more advanced, but don't work as well. Also, the brand loses a star because the developer simply cannot be bothered to answer e-mails.
I have been using this eBook reader for some time now and having used many different readers on different mobile platforms this one has proven to be the best by far.
However, there is one feature I would really like to see that will make this the ultimate choice for all users and that is the ability to read back using a voice selected words, sentences and paragraphs etc. This is available in the iBook reader as well as a few other apps, but Marvin seems to lack what I would consider an important feature. Hopefully this will come one day, until then I will give a 4 star rating.
- Appstafarian Limited
- 50.5 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016, Appstafarian Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Cool Blue Theme £0.99
- Glorious Gold Theme £0.99
- Hollywood Pink Theme £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.