Interact with your music and fall in love with your library all over again.
Marvis offers a beautiful presentation of your Music Library with loads of powerful features in a minimalistic yet highly customizable UI.
• For iTunes, iCloud Music Library & Apple Music.
‣ Supports Apple Music Search, Browse, For You & Radio.
‣ Non-subscribers can search & browse the Apple Music catalog and play 30s preview for all available songs.
• Use Drag & Drop to add one or more items to Up Next, Play or Shuffle.
• Last.fm (Scrobbles even non-library tracks).
• Advanced Media Details and Artist Info.
• List & Grid Layout. Multiple Grid styles to choose from, like Cover Flow.
• 30+ App icon choices.
• Sort and Group.
‣ Sort by Recently Played/Added, Year, Rating, Play Count and more.
‣ Group Playlists & Genres into Albums, Artists, Composers, etc.
• Smart Rules ‣ Filter, Sort & Limit.
• Music.app is required for Marvis to function.
• Due to iOS restrictions, it's not possible to delete items from your library or playlists via Marvis.
We're so delighted to receive such a great response for 'Smart Rules' and really appreciate your support.
This update squashes a few bugs and improves translations.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is a very aesthetically pleasing app and is customisable for your needs/likes. This has a much richer and premium design than the basic stock Music app design and lets you customise your background, theme style (light or dark mode) and many more! It helps you find your music easier by letting you sort your music by date added, year, last played, etc. You can also track your play count which is very interesting to watch how your music taste evolves. Overall, this app is great and gives you many more advantages over the everyday Apple Music user and is definitely worth the money!
One thing i suggest is a new section to “Home” which includes your favourite albums for easy access to the music you like.
Developer Response ,
So happy to see you’re having a good time using Marvis and enjoying the features and customisations.
Such a nice and informative review. Thank you!!!
About your suggestion:
From the Home Feed, add a new section called Loved > Albums to see your favourited/loved albums. Currently Loving Albums inside of Marvis is not supported will be added in an update. But for now you can love the Albums via Stock Music app and they would show up on Home‘s loved section. Hope that helps. You can even choose to see Loved Songs/Playlists on Home Feed.
What the stock player should be
This app is wonderfully laid out, has a fluent, well considered UI and is a celebration of ergonomic design. For some reason, when I first searched for an alternative to the stock application, this application never surfaced. It is the best replacement for those not interested in Apple Music.
With the stock app I was always fighting with the interface, three clicks to rate a song and no way to see ratings in track listings. This application is fully customisable, choose the meta data you would like to see in listings be it ratings or play counts etc. Dark mode and a customisable home screen, lovely stuff.
Due to Apple API restrictions, you can't add to a playlist or download from iCloud. The app allows you to open the Music app from within which helps. You can also create a Siri shortcut to add to a playlist which works well.
Stop reading this and download it!
Developer Response ,
We’re so glad to know you’ve been enjoying Marvis, and your review truly shows that. Thank you for such an informative review.
We love giving as much control to users as possible while keeping the layout minimal and responsive.
I’d just like to point that Adding songs to playlists is possible in iOS, the restriction is for editing or deleting songs from a playlist. We have planned to add support for adding songs to playlist soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
Great app for Apple Music
Great app to sort and play your Apple Music library with loads of features and a customisable UI. Just wish the stock AM app had half the functionality.
* Create your own home screen with a mixture of artists, albums, songs, playlists, radio stations, recommendations etc. that you want to access easily.
* Order/sort all of the above based on date added, play count, last played.
* Gesture controls make navigating the UI easy and intuitive.
* Only downsides are due to the limitations of AM’s API - can add to queue, but not edit it within the app. Can add music to your library, but not remove it. Can’t view social/follower profiles and music. Relies on the stock app for playback.
Overall though, fantastic 3rd party app for AM users.
- Aditya Rajveer
- 36 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Aditya Rajveer
- In-App Purchases
- Burrito for Addy £6.99
- Coffee for Addy £2.99
- Candy for Addy £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.