Mast is a beautiful Mastodon app built with macOS design guidelines in mind. It’s as feature-packed as it is gorgeous. The stunning timelines make reading the latest content a joy.
“What is Mastodon?”, you may ask. It’s a federated and decentralised social network. Think of it as email, where you can choose your provider, yet talk with almost anyone from anywhere regardless of their choices. The instances on Mastodon give users freedom to find their community, whilst allowing everyone to talk with each other with the level of visibility that they want. The content warning feature makes it safer, and the increased character count makes it far more expressible. It’s what microblogging should have always been.
(Requires a Mastodon account)
I'm constantly evolving and crafting Mast to create the perfect Mastodon app for you. If you have any suggestions or feedback, I'd love to hear it!
- Added quick profile switching to the sidebar
- Image borders are now more subtle
- Images now take up the full width for improved visibility
- Added image overlays to indicate toots with multiple images
- Added paging to images for improved scrolling through multiple images
- Added menu items and shortcuts
- Fixed issue where the notifications tab would sometimes get stuck refreshing
- Fixed issue where keyboard commands would trigger the action multiple times
- Fixed issue where toots would sometimes fail to post correctly
- Fixed issue where some composer actions wouldn't present options
- Fixed issue where the composer would fail to dismiss after posting a toot
- Various minor UI and layout changes
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Mast 2 was created by an incredibly small team of one and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm available through Mastodon @JPEG@mastodon.technology or Twitter @JPEGuin.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Visually this is great, and there are lots of customisation options.
I’ve experienced a few crashes, and there are usability improvements needed in places - for example when viewing another instances timeline you should have the option of doing so with your primary account, at the moment it just fails - but it’s a good start and I’m happy to buy it to support the developer.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the support! Most of the crashes are getting fixed progressively, hold tight. :)
Decent but some bugs
As with all apps there is some bugs, but Mast has a nice design and support for custom emoji! But I’ve had issues with the app crashing when refreshing the notification feed
Refresh home tab kills the app
The local and all tab work fine tho. Can’t find where log is so I can’t give more info.
- Shihab Mehboob
- 7.8 MB
- Social Networking
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Shihab Mehboob.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Tip £1.99
- One-Off Tip £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.