Mastonaut is a Mastodon client for Mac.
Mastodon is a distributed network of over 2 million users and hundreds of servers catering to the most varied set of interests and topics. Mastonaut is an easy-to-use and beautiful window into this world. Browse, follow, interact, and contribute to this amazing community from the comfort of your Mac.
As a lovingly-crafted app from a Mastodon user to other Mastodon users, Mastonaut is made to integrate with macOS in the finest aspects. Some features include:
* Thoughtful interface, made for the Mac, with simple usability and powerful capabilities.
* A concise status composer, that also lets you submit posts with image and video attachments that can be drag-and-dropped from Finder.
* Instance emoji support: Each mastodon instance has its own set of custom and often animated emoji. Mastonaut makes sure you can enjoy them at their best by letting you see them in your timelines, and also letting you insert them using a picker. But if you're a pro you can also insert instance emoji by simply typing their shortcode between colons.
* Versatile column-based layout, that allows browsing anywhere from a simple and straightforward single-column mode, to a many column window that lets you keep everything that's happening now right in front of you.
* Multi-Account support, so that you can manage and post from several accounts (even in different servers) at once (and quickly switch between them via keyboard shortcuts).
* Mention auto-complete: Just type the first few characters from a user's handle to get Mastonaut to suggest them to you.
* Full support for media and content warnings (spoiler warnings), so that you don't have to see what you don't want to see.
* Annotated media support, so you can access the accessibility labels of attachments in posts, but also insert annotations on your own posts.
* Delete & Redraft: We all make typos, so Mastonaut lets you quickly delete and re-draft your statuses. It will even reuse the attachments from the original status so you don't need to upload them again.
This is only the first release of Mastonaut. A lot more features are already under work and even more is planned. The goal for Mastonaut is to be the best client for Mastodon, period. User feedback is extremely welcome, as this is the only way that such a bold goal can be achieved.
If you're unfamiliar with the Mastodon network and would like to learn more, visit joinmastodon.org.
To learn more about Mastonaut, visit mastonaut.app.
Note to Pleroma users: Although Pleroma servers are supported, there are some quirks and differences in the APIs that makes it hard for a client to support both Pleroma and Mastodon fully. In cases where API issues are present, Mastonaut opts to honor Mastodon's behavior first. Bugs have been filed with Pleroma's developers for the known issues, but since Mastodon is a complex system, comprehensive support can't be guaranteed. Feel free to reach out at the support link for Mastonaut if you have any questions. Thank you for your understanding.
This patch update fixes a crash some users were getting on launch after updating to version 1.1. I'm sorry for that. Below is what's new in version 1.1:
This release is packed! A lot of user requests are included, and many bugs were squished. Check the list below and enjoy using Mastonaut!
* Custom emoji picker: Select from the list of custom emoji in your instance when composing a toot! Simply hit Control+Shift+Space or click the emoji face button on the composer toolbar. You can even search them! Emoji can also be inserted by simply typing their shortcode between colons such as :blobaww:.
* Mention auto-suggestion: Just start typing a mention using the @ character and Mastonaut will lookup users with that handle. From the displayed list you can pick the user you want to mention using the keyboard arrows and hit enter or double click to insert their full handle.
* Delete & Redraft: You can now re-draft your toots with typos or other mistakes, and Mastonaut will even reuse the attachments from the original status so you don't have to upload them again.
* It is now possible to open your own profile from the Accounts menu. Just select the account you want to see the profile and select "Account" > "Open User Profile".
* Fix bug that could in rare cases cause a status to be posted with a visibility option different from the one displayed on the composer.
* Fix more weird behaviors when using Mastonaut on systems with multiple desktops.
* The "remaining characters" label now uses better colors on light modes.
* Fix toolbar glitches when moving between full-screen and windowed mode.
* Fix issue that prevented some users from logging in.
* Fix issue where folder icons would be uploaded when a user pasted a folder into the composer. Now nothing happens (as it should be).
* Fix more issues that could cause Mastonaut to get stuck when loading or scrolling through timelines.
* Fix some label titles and descriptions to use clearer copy.
- Bruno Philipe Resende Silva
- 6.6 MB
- Social Networking
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Bruno Philipe Resende Silva
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.