PocketCAS is the most advanced mathematics application for iPhone and iPad. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots! Supports x-y cartesian plots, parametric area plots and parametric line plots.
- Animated plots: Use the variable 'anim' to animate any plot over time.
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Document Import: Load functions and variables from existing documents to re-use your work in other calculations.
- CSV Import: Load tabular data in CSV format and process it!
- Mathematical keyboard: PocketCAS' mathematical keyboard is unmatched on the App Store.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (https://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (https://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
- Fixed an issue with loading documents stored in iCloud Drive, but not inside the "PocketCAS" folder in iCloud Drive.
- Various stability fixes, especially with regards to the toolbar as well as plotting.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Comprehensive CAS, very good
I had the usual learning curve you get with a new CAS but now I find it fairly easy to use. I have tried many free ones but there is always something missing. That does not yet seem to be the case here.
The assignment operator := can be used to label equations etc as in the maxima PC program, this is very useful.
For a comment... prefix line with // thanks to Daniel for very quickly informing me of this.
It also has every function I will ever need and many more besides.
Extremely useful and competent mathematics tool
I originally got this expecting a minimal algebra system which I could use on a phone. It is so much more than that: I use it as a calculator, for doing integrals, for making pictures of functions & data & many other things. It syncs with iCloud so you can use it on all your devices, including Macs, and has been consistently supported and developed.
It's just great.
Best CAS on iOS
I am a maths teacher and this is superb for carrying around with me. Extremely good value for the price. Would prefer if I could choose to open the app on my calculations without having to view the tutorials first and then having to swap over.
Edit - Thanks for the response to my initial review, that makes sense and I see it does indeed work like you have stated. Thanks again.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! If you make sure to keep PocketCAS open for at least ten seconds after opening a document, it will remember opening that document again at the next launch. (This limitation is to ensure that you don't get stuck in a crash loop when a document is corrupted.)
Daniel from PocketCAS
- Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
- 38.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Daniel Alm
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.