The developer retired & left this app here free, never to update.
But he gave it to us & we created a new version from scratch, here soon.
THE BEST med app!
Medi-Prompt is simply the best application for managing your medication schedules. Why can I say that? - Dynamic Scheduling!
Medi-Prompt is not just another alarm program. Tell it the max doses in 24 hours and the minimum time between doses and it will schedule the next dose taking those safety guidelines into account.
Let's look at a worked example. Tell Medi-Prompt that you need to take 4 doses starting at 8am and finishing at 8pm, and that the minimum time between doses is 3 hours. You take the first dose on time (8am) and it schedules the next dose at 12noon. You take that dose late at 1:30pm so instead of just saying that the next dose is at 4pm (as other 'alarm clock' apps would do) Medi-Prompt will schedule it at 4:45, spreading the remaining doses evenly and checking that the time between doses is still at least 3 hours.
- remind you when your medication is due even when the app is closed
- prompt you to take your pills whether on-line or not
- schedule your meds to your requirements.
- warn you if you exceed the safe dosage
** Multiple patients
** Multiple medications (colour coded for easy identification)
** Five different scheduling methods (see 1)
** Set your own '1 off' reminders
** Daily pattern (2)
** Safe dosage check (3)
** Support for limited courses (4)
** Log (5)
** Configurable multiple prompts (6)
** Stock control (7)
** Undo facility (8)
** Easy to set up and use (9)
** Password protect (optional)
(1) SCHEDULING METHODS:-
AD HOC: (or PRN) No scheduling for this but still checks the safety limits.
TIMED DOSES: This allows you to set your own schedule of times during the day.
CALCULATED DOSES: You specify how many doses in the day and the first and last times and Medi-Prompt will dynamically schedule to spread the doses equally.
REGULAR INTERVALS: Specify the fixed interval between doses. If taken late, Medi-Prompt will reschedule the next dose maintaining that interval.
ALL METHODS use whatever safe dosage guidelines you set up.
(2) Set up a daily pattern for medication that should be taken, say, every other day, or 21 days on 7days off.
(3) WARNINGS will be given if doses are taken too close together or too many in 24 hours.
(3a) Meds will be scheduled to avoid taking too soon or too many.
(3b) Using Groups you can trigger warnings if meds in the same group are taken too frequently.
(3c) Reduce the risk of Medication Overuse Headaches by getting warnings if you take pain relief more than a given number of days in the month.
(4) Automatically stops scheduling when course is complete.
(5) The LOG is maintained so you or others can review which doses you took and when, which were accompanied by warnings and which were missed. You can add your own notes to each log entry (eg temperature). You can add your own log entries to record any other relevant events eg visit to the doctor. This log can be exported to your pc.
(6) PROMPTS (alerts) are fully configurable, with a choice of sounds and adjustable repeat times. They can also be silenced/delayed for a period (eg for a meeting).
(7) STOCK CONTROL is optional (but always free!) at both system level and for each medication, and will alert you when you need to order more.
(8) You can UNDO any Taken or Skipped entry. Go to the log, select the entry and click the trash can. Any such changes to the log will result in a recalculation of the medication schedules.
(9) Guidance notes appear when entering data for a new medication.
NO HIDDEN EXTRAS: Medi-Prompt is not a 'lite' version expecting to upgrade or buy more; and there are no adverts!
DISCLAIMER: Please note the following before you purchase:-
"Medi-Prompt is designed to help you schedule and track your medication. However, Medi-Prompt and its developers take no responsibility for the medication you take, when you take it, or the quantity you take."
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fix errors trying to email on device that doesn't support email
Remove animation when loading new VC in attempt to fix occasional overwriting of text
Remove nag screen about reviewing app
Fix problem sometimes delaying several seconds after selecting a row
Ratings and Reviews
‘Simply The Best’
I have used this app for many many years, I was so afraid I wouldn’t be able to calculate my meds, times since Bob said he was retiring, I’ve looked at so many so called ‘Medication Apps’, but none have done what Medi-Prompt has done for me. I take 14 different meds a day, it takes care of me, 99° of the time. But quirky problem guys, the alarm doesn’t always sound when it should?? But I even use Clock alarm to give me two minutes ’Heads up’ to take tablets?? Bob wasn’t able to hear theproblems, he deserved his retirement, But something you can possibly look at? Like the song, Simply the best’ Medication App going. One thing, don’t change what ain’t broken guys! Thank you for saving Bob’s creation and I look forward to using it forever. Well, I’m now unable to launch - Medi Prompt , Every time I try to launch the app, it just crashes. You could have left us participating with the App, then make us switch over to the (I presume) a paid app if we wanted too! Give us some slack here guys, we rely on this app, to make sure we’re doing the right thing, when we should?????????? Thank you in anticipation. Fishing 1391
The best app I have ever used for anything. It has been a life saver for me having to remember to take at least 3 medications a day at various times. It really has made my life so much easier from this respect. So sad Bob is retiring and it will no longer get developed but I totally understand why especially after the recent 11.2 issues. Must have been so stressful. Was worth far more than £3.99 let alone £0.99 even unsupported.
If you need to take medication on a regular basis, get this app, even now. It’s fantastic at what it does, easily 5 stars and more.
Having just been discharged from hospital with a lot of new medicines I was looking forward to having an app to remind me when meds were due and to make sure I'd left enough of a gap between doses. It did none of this. I had antibiotics that needed taking 3 times a day but you can't put that as an option (only the hours between doses) and because I woke up late it just scheduled 2 doses in the day meaning I'd have missed a dose.
Likewise I'm on as required painkillers, I went through all the gaps on the form to set it up and told it I'd taken them but then when I accidentally told it I'd taken a second dose after only an hour it didn't flag up a warning or say it was a problem, so I tested it and told it I'd taken some every 10 minutes it only alarmed when I reached the 4 doses I can have in a day.
This isn't safe
Developer Response ,
Please contact me via 'Tools', 'Contact Medi-Prompt support' in the app and I will happily show you how you *can* set up a medication for 3 times a day, and also to enter minimum time between doses for a medication.
The developer, ModernObsession, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Modern Obsession, LLC
- 33.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Bob Gross