Join over 50 million people already using Memrise to learn as fast as humanly possible. Learn to speak a new language while having fun. Let real native speakers teach you their language from the streets of their home town through our Learn with Locals video clips. Sound just like one of them and impress the hell out of yourself and your friends.
Give us a try – your first lesson's on the house.
Choose your language:
French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Turkish, Danish, Icelandic, Mongolian, Slovenian or Yoruba.
Why learn a new language with Memrise?
We've got killer learning science behind the scenes. It speeds up your learning and helps you remember your new words, as if your mind keeps hitting the save button. Not that you'd notice. You're too busy watching fun video clips, seeing real locals in bucket-list destinations and playing little quiz-type games. The opposite of textbook learning.
Wherever you Memrise, you're a million miles from the classroom.
The app gets you speaking like a local. Jut imagine: you're in the moment, a local wants to talk. Do you freeze up? No. Not on our watch. You recall the key phrases you learned. You speak naturally. Not perfect but it's still good banter. You aren't worried. You're just going for it. You're off-the-charts confident.
Download the Memrise app to:
- Learn with locals: we took real native speakers and shrunk them into the app. Your miniature friends help you learn fun, conversational phrases. A few swear words too.
- Practice games: our science does one-to-one coaching with your mind, while you have fun with Speed Review, Listening Skills, Difficult Words and Classic Review.
- Improve your pronunciation: so when you say 'beaucoup' (a lot) you never accidentally say it 'beau cul' (nice ass). Record yourself and our smart tech will tell you if you got it right or need to try again.
- Learn anywhere: download your course to learn in places that don't have signal and seem to be stuck in the 80s.
- Build an entertaining habit: learn as much or as little as you want. You only need 5 minutes a day to improve. Perfect for making your loo break a lot more fun.
You need a Memrise subscription to access all courses and features. But the courses and features that are available vary depending on the language of your device.
• Once your purchase is confirmed, your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• Your account is charged for renewal within 24-hours before the current subscription period ends.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewals by going to your Account Settings on the App Store.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication.
Follow us on social media for inspiration on your foray into the language learning world:
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/memrise/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/memrise
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/memrise/
What's new this week:
- Bug fixes
- General UX improvements
- Listened to our trance playlist to help us work faster
- Scoffed down 4 birthday cakes and needed 4 afternoon naps
- Worked late on Thursday to write tons of new code
- Went to the movies on Friday and fell asleep before it even started
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Memrise, language learning’s a game—the irresistible kind that anyone can pick up and play. It teaches you everyday words and phrases—perfect for your next trip abroad—and reinforces them with fun quizzes and playful images. We get an awesome sense of progress every time we use it.
Excellent teaching style!
It’s teaching style is so much better than other leading language teaching apps... in my humblest of opinions (I’m learning Dutch.) It’s very cutesy in it’s style which might put some people off but where it counts it works well. I actually enjoy the fun feeling the app has more so. I’m quickly remembering the words it teaches more so than the phrases that Babbel threw at me early on. I think it’s the way they’ve blended the audio with the words on screen across either the language being learned or the English translation, then the screens where they give you the foreign word and you pick the English translation from a small set of choices, or vice verse. There’s audio bits where you listen to three things spoken, one of which matches the word it says at the top. All I can say is it’s absolutely worth a free download, I wouldn’t be surprised if you took up the offer that’s on right now as it pops up.
Overall, the App. is great. There are some tweaks which I would suggest you make to improve it. Some buttons are too small, like the speaker icon for repeating the audio - if you don’t hit it exactly dead-on, it won’t play the audio. Also, some multiple choice exercises are irritating because, when one already knows the answer, but has to rummage through six choices of wildly different options to find it, it can just be a waste of time. A better option would be, instead of having six options to choose from all wildly different and none of which, except the correct choice, vaguely resembling the correct answer, you could have two or three options which are all similar in meaning to the correct answer - this way the searching has a purpose, rather than just slowing down the process of finding an the obvious answer. Update - Also, the multiple-choice exercise is often so slow in responsiveness that often I’ll tap a choice and nothing will happen. If you try to tap them in order with any speed at all, some will not respond and you’ll end up with a jumbled up sentence that you then have to waste time fixing. These are small and easily fixable things, so it’d be a shame if they were left-in.
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thank you for your review and all the valuable suggestions. We will definitely consider them in the future development of the app. Best of luck in your studies. Pavel, Memrise team.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 275.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yoruba
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2015 Memrise
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Language Learning Plan £8.99
- Memrise Subscription Offer £34.99
- Memrise Subscription Offer £69.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.