The Met Office weather app gives you the most accurate world-leading global weather forecasts, with coverage from 1 hour to 7 days ahead.
* Interactive rainfall map and text forecast for the next 24 hours, or previous 6 hours (manual scroll or using play feature)
* Real time UK National Severe Weather Warnings with the interactive warnings map for your UK saved locations
* Instant notification of the official UK National Severe Weather Warnings for your saved locations– including snow, strong winds, ice, fog & rain
* Daily and hourly forecasts for your favourite locations. Saving multiple locations will let you see how the weather could affect your day
* Watch the latest TV weather forecasts, updated 3 times a day
PERSONAL, ACCURATE FORECASTS INCLUDING:
* Interactive UK rainfall map; both 24-hour forecast and 6 hour observations
* Interactive UK National Severe Weather Warnings map
* UK surface pressure map
* Probability of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow, hail, & drizzle)
* Actual and 'feels like' temperature
* UK National Severe Weather Warnings alerts
* UK national weather forecast video
* Wind speed, direction and gusts
* Sunrise & sunset times
* Air pollution forecasts
* Pollen push notifications (March to September)
* Local weather forecasts unlimited locations
* Ability to change your unit settings for temperature & wind speed
* UV Index, visibility, humidity & pressure
* Don't like ads? Our app includes a £2.99 in-app purchase to remove all advertising
The Met Office is committed to delivering new features based on your feedback & the reviews we receive. If you love our app rate and review it in the app store. If you have any suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The app is designed to work on iOS 12 & above. This app is ad-supported.
About the Met Office
The Met Office is the UK's national weather service. Recognised as a world leader in providing weather & climate services & as one of the world's most accurate forecasters. We are also responsible for the UK National Severe Weather Warning Service, mandated by UK Government, which aims to give advance warning of extreme weather to the public. See www.metoffice.gov.uk for more information.
CONSENT TO INSTALLATION OF THE APP
YES I consent to the installation of the App for the purposes of world-leading weather forecasts direct from the Met Office. NO I do not consent to the installation of the App. How you can withdraw consent. Once you provide consent by selecting YES, you may change your mind & withdraw consent at any time by uninstalling the App but that will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
We've been making changes to how we serve push notifications, to allow us to bring more advanced notification features in future versions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Accurate but Weirdly Designed
They finally let you jump directly to the forecast for a particular day of the week! Hooray! The app has been getting better over time and much of my initial problems (below) have been addressed.
When I load a weather app, I expect a home screen which shows me what the weather will be doing in the next 24 hours or next week, but instead this app favours the next few hours at multiple locations. Also, knowing when sunrise and sunset are is incredibly important for photography, and a common, easily accessible feature on other weather apps. It's great that you can customise the home screen, but in reality most people don't need a national forecast, just a local one. The forecasts themselves are much more accurate than Dark Sky, which has become unreliable recently, but their user interface is SO much better!
Bang on every time
Gets me out of trouble all the time it’s almost perfection with its accuracy I replace windscreens I’m a mobile tech so the weather dictates what I can do with this app I can find little windows in the rain to carry out the replacement so I can keep on earning and paying the bills and finally when this app forecasts rain all day it’s a good excuse to have a cheeky day off wish I’d had this kind of tech back in the early days I’d have been looking at early retirement in the next few years what with all the wasted hours lost jobs and the huge cost of rectifying issues that arise with getting caught out by the weather when carrying out replacements including water damage to the electrical system and onboard software and even more harmful to the evermore popular hybrid or plug in cars which infact raises the risk of harm to the tech carrying out the replacement 👌
Still needs improvement
Since first review I’ve been using the phone version of the desktop site. Similar in appearance to the app, but sorts the issues I’ve got with the app ie when moving time forward, ALL the columns move together. Sort this for the app and it would so much better.
The layout which has rain/wind/temperature and detailed wind separate is very un user friendly. Move the time forward on the rain/temperatures and the detailed wind doesn't move with it, so you end up with 2 lines of info out of sync.
Has been improved since the initial makeover but still long way off being finished. As a cyclist this was always my go to app as it had all the details together. Now it is a mess. Sorry!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for providing this detailed feedback - its really useful to us to hear how users interact with the app and an important part of improving the app with each subsequent release.
- Met Office
- 78.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © HMSO and Queen's Printer
- In-App Purchases
- ad-free version £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.