MetaMoJi Note is a note and sketchbook app, PDF annotation tool, voice memo and digital scrapbook for your life. Capture your ideas anytime with quick voice recordings, advanced handwriting recognition and handwriting to text conversion(*), or annotate Office and PDF documents.
(*) Requires purchase of mazec Handwriting Input Method for this functionality.
Use the app as a high resolution sketchbook with a vast color wheel palette, pastel colors and advanced calligraphy pens. MetaMoJi Note is a virtual whiteboard for sketching, annotation, scrapbooking or digital mashup of notes and voice.
MetaMoJi Note is the only note-taking app available across all major mobile platforms. Winner of multiple awards: Tabby Award for Best Personal Productivity App - Silver Stevie® Award for International Business - Finalist for Appy Award for Productivity - #1 Productivity App in Japan
NEW – Gold Service is a premium add-on that allows you to make advanced use of the MetaMoJi Cloud and the app itself. It includes:
- The Shared Drive capability allows co-editing of documents
- Auto sync intervals to ensure your notes are always backed up
- Additional storage for the MetaMoJi Cloud
- Unlimited access to optional inks, premium items, papers and note styles
- Customizing the navigation bar
• Write, sketch or draw notes with a variety of pens, paper layouts and graphics, including calligraphy pens and inks
• Grab your great ideas quickly with voice memos which you can tag to your visual content – convenient audio editing features allow you to index voice cues to any document or part of a document – even drawings, annotated graphics or PDF documents.
• Scale your document up to a whiteboard or down to a sticky note while still maintaining 100% visual integrity
• Import images, graphics and Microsoft Office files via Google Drive
• Import a PDF file, mark it up as needed, and save it as another PDF file
• Share creations by email or upload to Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr
• Easy file storing and sharing via Google Drive, Evernote and Dropbox
• Sync all folders to the MetaMoJi Cloud, a cloud service that allows you to save and manage your documents (up to 2GB for free)
• Save drawings as individual JPEG graphics in the items library for later use
• Interactively browse the web from within the app and mark up sites
• MetaMoJi Note Lite is free to download and use. This version, MetaMoJi Note is a paid app, has the great features above, along with the following advanced capabilities:
• Password protect your notes to ensure your information is kept safe
• Advanced pen styles including highlighters, fountain pens and brushes
• Enhanced Jump functions allow for you to assign visual points to easily navigate around complex compositions while you are presenting
• Shapes tool provides editable shapes
• Smart cropping tool vastly extends photo editing
Here are some ways to use MetaMoJi Note for your personal and business life:
• Generate quick notes and to-do lists, add voice memos and tag for easy retrieval later
• Capture and markup website pages
• Sketch drawings for illustrating lesson plans
• Mark up and sign contracts and critical business documents in PDF form
• Use as an interactive whiteboard to brainstorm and present during team meetings
• PDF and photo annotation
• Review/edit documents and share feedback through email
• Draw a mind map or flowchart of ideas and assign audio files
More about MetaMoJi Note: http://noteanytime.com/en/quick_guide.html
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very Impressive - But A Tad Expensive!
This is a lot different from any of the other apps of this type I have previously purchased. It allows you to create beautiful artwork with a minimum of ease. The floating circular palette tool is very intuitive allowing you to change pen type, style, colour etc literally mid-flow!
The instructions are a little vague, but the built in video files help make up for this. What would have been nice is a simple tour of the interface basics, because although it's easy to paint, write draw and create, some of the icons around the screen interface are not always self evident. A five minute walk through would have been better.
At present, it is a 'free' app, but I'm sure that'll change soon. My one concern is that their appears to be several "In App Purchases" which on the whole are a tad expensive once you've purchased them because they do not last the lifetime of the app, oh no, they run out like real ink, so once they have run dry, you have to buy them all again!
My self, I like to know how much the bottom line is, so in the long run it might not be so 'free' as you think.
But aside from that, the app itself is good, but I would like to see some more universal backup options say Dropbox and iCloud for example.
Give it a try and see for yourself.
I needed a note taking app where I could pull in pictures and web pages and make annotations. This does that and much more. You can hand write stuff, I love the little box that extends to rest your writing hand on the screen without it sensing. You can type for neatness. Draw. Cut copy and paste, also you have a clipboard to save many items to and use again. The communication options are comprehensive PDF, Dropbox, email etc... They provide videos to get you started, the links are built right into the app.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FREE. If you like the app I recommend using the in-app purchases for backgrounds and colours we need to keep the updates funded, I feel I will use this app for a long time to come.
I do have a few ideas for future editions: A shape drawing tool, straight line tool and the ability to add working hyperlinks. These would be nice to have, but the app is so workable as it is, I love it it's boosting my work creativity and I'm having fun. Doodle doodle doodle :) No more boring meetings :p
Very clever, works well but needs active digitiser support
This is a good app with excellent features such as handwriting (which is very accurate and has a great predictive text feature) and ability to note on PDFs and web pages... very handy. Drop box connection and the "Digital Cabinet", which syncs across devices, are also very good.
The reason I only give it three stars is it lacks key functionality: no active digitiser support (iPen, aPen, Wacom Intuos for iPad) and no ability to send to OneNote (Evernote is great but OneNote is a massive product with a lot of users).
If you have an active digitiser Vision Objects Myscript Notes is a good option although granted, it doesn't have all the features of this app.
The developer, MetaMoJi Corporation, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MetaMoJi Corporation
- 104.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2012 MetaMoJi Corp
- In-App Purchases
- MetaMoJi Gold Service (1 month) £4.49
- MetaMoJi Gold Service (12 months) £25.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.