We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Now, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing you can manage your Personal and Business accounts with our mobile app.
- Insights on your accounts and transactions
- Send International Payments
- A handy spending summary shows you where you’re spending your cash
- View transactions which are still being processed
- Temporarily block and permanently cancel your debit and credit cards
- Make payments to new and existing payees and transfer money in between your accounts
- Login with Apple TouchID
- View and cancel your Direct Debits and standing orders.
- Share your account details through WhatsApp, email and messages to easily receive payments from friends and family
- Create and edit Standing Orders
- Open Instant Access Savings Accounts
Registration - Getting Started
Whether you’re an existing or new Metro Bank customer it’s simple to get started.
- If you’re registered for online and telephone banking, you’ll need your 12 digit customer number, 8 digit security number and your password
- If you’re not registered for either, you’ll need your 12 digit customer number and the details of the card you used most recently or your Magic Word.
Metro Bank’s mobile app is available for Personal customers and also Business customers if they’re using Business Internet Banking only.
Standard data charges from your mobile service provider may apply.
If you experience any issues downloading or registering the Metro Bank mobile app, please visit us in store or call us on 0345 08 08 500.
Metro Bank PLC. Registered in England and Wales. Company number: 6419578. Registered office: One Southampton Row, London, WC1B 5HA. We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Metro Bank PLC is an independent UK Bank - it is not affiliated with any other bank or organisation (including the METRO newspaper or its publishers) anywhere in the world. "Metrobank" is the registered trademark of Metro Bank PLC.
We’ve introduced new features and improvements in our latest update
- New Pay and Transfer menu
- Auto-Pull in One Time Passcode
- Search Beneficiaries
- New Travel Abroad Section
- Share Payment Confirmation
- General Bugs and Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Money with out a card
I can’t fault Metro bank in any way, on Saturday I needed cash, but had no cards on me , so went into the Branch , first the staff were polite and friendly and there was enough of them working that I was seen almost straight away, secondly when I opened my account they took my photo so after a few simple checks , plus the fact I matched my photo , I had cash in my hand and was out the door. I wish all banks were like this . Staff are friendly polite and helpful. Bank is clean and tidy and also has cherry lolly’s for children and adults alike , and more than that are dog friendly not only with water for them but also treats. Best bank ever .
Great bank but insights falls short
I have been banking with Metro Bank for about 5 years now and they’re a great bank with a great service.
I’ve been quite happy with their mobile app too, but I was quite excited a couple of months ago when they announced they’re introducing “Insights” within the app as this meant that I would no longer have to use a third party app.
Whilst they did indeed implement it, the “Insights” function doesn’t really provide much or often insight into my transactions. I get 1-2 items max a month, compared to several a day on a third party app. Not sure if this is me specific, or whether the AI just isn’t ready enough at the moment.
Hopefully this catches up with third party alternatives soon which would make it a top mobile banking app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Daniel, thanks for your feedback. Insights are generated on your previous month's spending, they'll also highlight any changes such as a bill becoming more expensive. We're consistently working to improve the app, is there any Insights you’d like to see more of?
Whats to complain about
I joined this bank when there was only 2 branches but back then things like charges interest rates bank services were much better since then i still have no reason to complain i also like the bank lobby set up
And the banking for the kids coin counting
And best of all the card service you get your card printed and they do your pin within 15 minutes no waiting 10 day for your card to come in the post then your pin
And 1 personal bit i had a card cloned and they stopped it happening and were in contact within 1 hour to sort it
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.