Metronome: Tempo Lite 4+
Setlists and automation
Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Tempo, the premier metronome app for iOS is now available as this free Lite version. Tempo was featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Now you can enjoy Tempo's core features before upgrading to its full suite of features.
Tempo Lite's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
As a special treat, we've included the Tracker Module which helps in your practices by tracking the number of bars or time played.
As opposed to purchasing Tempo, upgrading Tempo Lite nets you a dark colour scheme for the flipside views (instead of light).
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 8 different time signatures: 1-4/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
Tracker and Automator Module
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars.
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Choose from 4 sound sets: Digital, Analog, Blip and Wooden
• Volume control and Mute button
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background with audio from other apps
• Two interface themes: Light and Dark
Tempo now displays natively on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Metronome app I’ve tried
Fantastic easy to use and it doesn’t get in your way. There’s a high level of customisation through choice of many time signatures to how each beat is played.
The UI is clear and uncluttered and the app is in the whole very intuitive. It’s great if all your after is just a really solid metronome with the bounds of having some other neat functions too.
I particularly like the programmable function where you set the tempo to increase, either by time or number of bars, as it’s particularly useful for practicing specific bits of music and getting them up to speed.
I personally don’t use any of the set list functions but I can see they’d be useful and it’s nice that they’re there.
It’s the perfect app for a live drummer to play and organise click tracks in set order, well worth the £2.99 for extra features as well. It would be great if you could upload your own click sample, maybe something to think about for an update later on.
Great but room for improvement
Perfectly functional metronome that has replaced any physical ones I used to use. Customisation is great and the sound options are good too.
Would love to see more time signature options, little confused why it only goes up to 12 and 13. There’s no sixteenth rate options and it would be useful to have units larger than 13.
Otherwise this is the only metronome I’ll use.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 26.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Frozen Ape 2009-2017
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version £2.99
- Premium Theme Pack £0.99
- Theme Editor £0.99