Microsoft Edge, your AI-powered browser, with Copilot built in to enhance your browsing experience. Empowered by GPT-4, Copilot enables you to ask questions, refine searches, receive comprehensive summaries and create images with DALL-E 3. Microsoft Edge is a smarter way to browse, find, create and shop on the go.
Microsoft Edge prioritises your privacy with smart security tools, such as tracking prevention, Microsoft Defender Smartscreen, AdBlock, InPrivate browsing and InPrivate search. Use Microsoft Edge – the private browser to secure your browsing history and enhance online privacy for peace of mind. Sync your passwords and favourites across your devices. Discover a smarter way to shop with built-in tools, such as coupons, and get rewarded for it with Microsoft Rewards* on your purchases.
MICROSOFT EDGE FEATURES:
A SMARTER WAY TO FIND – POWERED BY GPT-4
• Enhance your searches with Copilot built in to help you find exactly what you’re looking for, providing comprehensive answers and page summaries.
• Copilot utilises AI to distill and summarise the latest information from the web and PDFs, offering concise, cited answers, in a flash.
• Next-generation GPT-4 built on an OpenAI model that’s more powerful than ever.
A SMARTER WAY TO DO
• Create images with DALL-E 3, give it a text prompt and our AI will generate images matching that prompt.
• Compose with Copilot: you can effortlessly transform your ideas into polished drafts, saving valuable time, wherever you write online.
• Listen to content while performing other tasks or improve your reading comprehension with Read Aloud, in your desired language. Available in a variety of natural-sounding voices and accents.
A SMARTER WAY TO STAY SAFE
• Protect yourself online with InPrivate browsing that safeguards sensitive information from trackers.
• Enhanced privacy protection in InPrivate mode, with no search history saved to Microsoft Bing or associated with your Microsoft account.
• Password monitoring helps you be alerted when credentials that you have saved to the browser are detected on the dark web.
• Default tracking prevention for a more private browsing experience.
• Secure synchronisation of favourites, passwords, Collections and other data.
• Ad Blocker – use AdBlock Plus to block unwanted ads, enhance focus and remove distracting content.
• Stay protected while you browse by blocking phishing and malware attacks with Microsoft Defender Smartscreen.
A SMARTER WAY TO SHOP
• Receive coupons and apply them to orders for quick-and-easy savings.
• Get cashback with Microsoft Rewards* – a free programme that gives Microsoft Rewards members cash back or rebates when they shop with participating retailers.
Get Microsoft Edge, your AI-powered browser, and explore a smarter way to browse, find, create and do beyond what you ever thought possible.
A fast and secure web browser prioritising security, safety and privacy.
*This shopping feature is currently only available in the United States. Microsoft account required.
Terms of Service: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=398923
Welcome to Microsoft Edge！Check out what's new in this release.
· Bug fixes, stability and performance improvements.
Upgrade to the latest version and enjoy a smarter and more efficient Microsoft Edge!
Ratings and Reviews
Really Would Recommend
In the beginning I only got this because the continue on phone app was losing support but if I got edge I could still do it. So I got this for that reason alone. Little did I know that later down the line that I would set this as my PRIMARY browser. Yes of course it still has some bugs and little chinks in the coding but I'm sure Microsoft are fixing them and finding them as you read this message.
Overall this is a brilliant, user friendly app that I LOVE. If you would like Microsoft I could get in touch and tell you about the little buzgs I was talking about earlier to help improve the experience of otheres.
I’ve just upgraded my PC and it has Windows 10 and with this browser being the standard it was recommended, from a security point of view, that it be installed on my phone! That’s where the problem started, I’m afraid. I have an iPhone 7 and I’ve had to delete ‘edge’ because of the battery usage! It absurdly absolutely eats battery life! Sorry, but there you go - it’s gone! Shame because, on the PC, it appears to be a very stable browser - far better that the old ‘Ms-explorer’, but there ya go!
Thanks for your response, and it appears that I may have been a little hasty in putting the blame for the loss of battery onto your shoulders! All I know is that despite me having not used it on my phone, other than the initial sign in that is, it was well and truly planted at the top of the list in the battery usage list within ‘settings’ at 34% for the previous 24 hours. Because, with there being no apparent difference, I have actually looked at the problem on the Apple web site and I’m not the only one to have their battery usage increased (5 hours instead of the used to be, at least 12 hours!) The ‘system update/upgrade’🤪 to 13.4 is the problem apparently! So I think we’re all looking forward the 13.4.1 update which will hopefully include a ‘fix’ for this problem! Thanks again!
Developer Response ,
Dear User, We’re sorry you are having trouble with the app. We’d love to help resolve this with you. We are continuously working to improve our app. Would you please share your feedback with logs within the app to help us to troubleshoot? Thank you
Some Bugs to Iron Out
Having used the browser for a while I am generally happy with it and it has found its way to becoming my default browsing app with Safari having been sidelined, however there are still bugs in the program that need addressing.
When opening a new tab, the 8 self populating quick links are now generating shortcuts to websites that have been opened using the Private Tab option and I would not expect these to be available in this manner, this seems like a fairly new issue as it never happened previously. The only way to get rid of them is to clear the browsing history. Also, I occasionally have difficulty where Edge will load a website but on scrolling down the page the screen does not refresh and it displays as if someone has literally cut the bottom of the page off. On a final note the continuity / timeline features only work for those with a personal Microsoft account, for those of us who have work assigned accounts these are not available and it would be most welcomed if Microsoft extended these add-ons to business users in the same vein.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Browsing History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 303.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Microsoft Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft Copilot Pro £19.00
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.