Microsoft Lens trims, enhances, and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable.
You can use Microsoft Lens to convert images to PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files, digitize printed or handwritten text, and save to OneNote, OneDrive, or your local device. You can even import images that are already on your device using Gallery.
PRODUCTIVITY AT WORK
• Scan and upload all your notes, receipts, and documents
• Capture whiteboard at end of the meeting to keep those action items on track
• Scan printed text or handwritten meeting notes to edit and share later
• Keep your business networking contacts handy by scanning business cards and saving them to your contact list
• Choose to save as PDF, Image, Word or PowerPoint formats into OneNote, OneDrive, or local device as location
PRODUCTIVITY AT SCHOOL
• Scan classroom handouts and annotate them in Word and OneNote
• Scan handwritten notes to digitize and edit later (works with English only)
• Take a picture of the whiteboard or blackboard to reference later, even if you're offline
• Keep class notes and your own research organized with the seamless integration with OneNote
Join the beta program at this link to get an early preview of the next version of Microsoft Lens and help make it better by providing us feedback: https://testflight.apple.com/join/aRahHf00
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Brainstorm meetings can often be mayhem, but the notes don’t have to be. Along with capturing regular ol’ documents, this scanning app erases glare from shots of your meeting’s whiteboard. It also transforms your scans into editable Word and PowerPoint files. We see this mighty scanner tidying up other parts of our lives too—as an archival tool for jumbled receipts, handwritten recipes and our kids’ doodles.
Has numerous bugs that need sorting
The scan works fine for the first document, after saving as pdf, clear media and on to next document which again scans fine, from this point on the buttons in the pop up menu don’t work so unable to crop, spin, alter filters or anything.
Solution is to quit the app and reload it for after every document - a real pain.
The leave Feedback facility provided from with the App by UserVoice is impossible to log in to to leave feedback or suggestions it goes …. login, validate, login, enter password, validate, enter password so on and so on
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. This issue has been fixed in the latest release of the Microsoft Lens. You can choose to update the app from the store or wait for the update to reach your device within a few days.
I love this thing it’s great and it’s free sure you can get apps like Iscanner but that does work half as well, it’s in black and white, doesn’t process images to just the right size and shape, the text is hardly discernible and it costs from 4.50 to a pound a month now I’m not saying iScanner is bad it’s not. but this, this is incredible, all of the things mentioned above it does. It’s awesome, well done Microsoft. Bill Gates and the Microsoft team good on you yet another amazing thing you’ve done for our incredible planet. I can’t wait to see what you do in the future :) ;)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 57.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.