Capture your thoughts, discoveries, and ideas and simplify overwhelming planning moments in your life with your very own digital notepad.
With OneNote, you can plan that big event, seize that moment of inspiration to create something new, and track that list of errands that are too important to forget. Write memos, make a digital sketchbook and save notes right on your phone.
Sync your notes via OneDrive to access them anytime, anywhere. Whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go, your notes are available to you across all of your devices.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Microsoft Account. Take notes, share ideas, organize and collaborate when you download Microsoft OneNote today.
• Capture your thoughts, save discoveries, share ideas and simplify planning moments with your very own digital notebook.
• With OneNote, you can plan that big event, save ideas to create something new and track that list of errands that are too important to forget.
• Save pictures of whiteboards, photos or printed documents in your notes with Office Lens. Quickly take a picture, automatically crop and insert the image into your notes.
• Whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go, your notes are available to you across all of your devices.
Organize, Search and Secure:
• Quickly organize your notes in a way that works best for you with powerful organizational tools.
• Create, rename, search, sort, and copy pages, sections, and notebooks.
• Find your most recent notes quickly and pin the pages you use most.
• Secure your notes with a password and use touch ID to quickly access them.
Sync your Sticky Notes:
• Quickly save your thoughts and ideas with colorful sticky notes on the go.
• Sync your sticky notes to access them from anywhere on any device, anytime.
• Organize your ideas with simple and smart sticky notes.
Collaborate and Share:
• Share ideas and your notes with your friends and colleagues, whether you're planning a party or a working on a school project with your study group.
• Collaborate and work together in a shared notepad.
Save and Share Ideas:
• Access your notes on your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other devices.
• Your notes are synced to the cloud (OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint) making it easy to access your recipe notes on your iPhone at the store, your homework on your Mac in class, or your itinerary on your iPad during your travels.
• Achieve more with OneNote when you log in with your Microsoft Account.
Make a Check list:
• Create to-do lists to keep track of your daily errands, groceries shopping, or travel planning.
• Write memos and quick reminders whenever you need them.
Write & Draw on iPad:
• Take notes at a conference, write math equations in class or sketch your ideas.
• Use a variety of pen colors and settings to create beautiful handwritten notes and drawings.
• Draw with confidence with "Convert to Shapes" mode: OneNote will automatically convert hand drawn shapes into crisp, perfectly regular polygons and circles.
• Use a stylus or the touchscreen to write notes or use OneNote as a sketchbook.
OneNote is free on iPhone and many other devices. Get started today! Download OneNote and sign in with your Microsoft Account or the account assigned to you by your work or school.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app but...
This is a very nice app, full of useful features and well integrated with the cloud. I’ve noticed 3 things so far that could do with improving. First and most importantly, you cannot select text using 3D Touch. When I press in, i can move the cursor but if I press in again, it just jumps back to typing mode without selecting anything. This makes selecting quite tedious compared with other apps and needs to be fixed asap.
Another thing is, while I like the text box layout of OneNote because it lets you put text wherever you want, it glitches out when you try to move bigger boxes around. It’s also quite fiddly to select a box to move it.
Also, it can be a bit annoying when you have several boxes one below another and as you type the text, the box expands and the text starts to overlap with the text box below. It might be nice to have an option to shift the boxes as you type. I understand it might be tricky, in terms of logic, to find the balance between arranging the boxes and having them move automatically but I hope the devs can find a way.
Useful but can be improved
I like the sync between phone and PC plus general layout and way of breaking down notebooks (prefer the desktop application when working on PC). On the iPhone app snapping a photo of a document direct into OneNote is very handy.
However I really, really want a way to lock the position of containers relative to each other as currently things can so easily get accidentally moved around and that leaves me nervous and takes away any benefit to making notes over the top of something else like a screen shot, diagram or picture.
Also would like to see text and table formatting improved so they get closer to simplified versions of Word and Excel. For example it is a bit slow to Embed Excel docs but the OneNote table features are just a bit too clunky compared even to a very basic spreadsheet so I find too often I end up wanting to go back to Excel for things that naturally would live with notes. Not for massive spreadsheets or complex calculations but with data entry and editing that more closely matches Excel when used for making lists and comparison tables.
My overall experience with OneNote
Overall I’m enjoying the app it’s immensely useful for my purposes. My only complaints are that you can’t add more than One personal account at a time and that if you log out on your device not only are all of the notes still left available which is a huge security risk but also if you were to delete said notes then they be deleted properly and would not necessarily be recoverable. Also not all deleted notes can be found in the section for deleted notes and also some remain despite being cleared previously or being older than the 60 says OneNote claims to keep them for before proper deletion. Also there are some issues with the copy and paste feature, it feels clunky and when copying you can accidentally move a chunk of text to another part of the document.
But apart from those issues which are relatively minor annoyance the app is top notch and does exactly what I want it to do.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 221.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.