The trusted Word app lets you create, edit, view and share your files with others quickly and easily. Send, view and edit Office docs attached to emails from your phone with this powerful word processing app from Microsoft.
With Word, your Office moves with you. Whether you’re a blogger, writer, journalist, columnist, student or a project manager working on documentation, Word is as handy as you want it to be.
Make effective text documents, scripts, blogs, write-ups or CVs. Customise your document, letter, CV or notes your way with robust tools that enable you to accomplish your best writing with the best format options and templates.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Office 365 subscription. Create and edit documents, collaborate and share with ease when you download Microsoft Word today.
• Kick-start your projects, assignments, letters, blogs, scripts, notes, write-ups or CV with beautifully designed modern templates.
• Use rich formatting and layout options to note down your ideas and express them in writing.
• Document formats and layouts stay pristine and look great on any device.
Read, write and edit documents
• Reading view lets you read lengthy docs, letters, scripts and more on your device with ease.
• Use familiar writing and editing tools as you’d find on a desktop word processor.
• Share thoughts by commenting in docs right next to the text you’re discussing.
• Everyone can collaborate and stay on top of changes to the text, layout and formatting.
• As you and your team make changes, you can revert to view earlier drafts with the improved version history in Word.
• Share files with a few taps to quickly invite others to edit or view your documents.
• Easily manage permissions and see who’s working on a document.
• Copy the content of your Word files directly into the body of an email message with its format intact or attach your docs to an email and make sharing easier.
Download Microsoft Word now and get the best way to create, share and edit documents from your iPhone or iPad.
To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC and Mac.
Monthly Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft Office. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
• Make inking more fun with a sparkle animation on ink strokes.
• Erase with precision: Choose from two eraser sizes to fix small inking imperfections.
• Fixed a bug where ink drawn with touch or Apple Pencil would shift several pixels.
Ratings and Reviews
A good product that’s been spoilt
I’ve been using Word for files kept in OneDrive for some time now. With each release it has been made less user- friendly and less usable. In a previous release, files which used to open from One Drive straight into Word on the iPad and were up-dateable, changed to open in some sort of Word reader and I needed to send them to Word to update them, which was an un-necessary step and a hindrance. In the latest version files which I am used to being able to maintain and update now seem to be un-updateable. For some reason they have been marked as Read Only, when they are MY files and I want to update them... I’m not impressed with the direction this is all taking!
Unstable and buggy
I don’t tend to write reviews, but I’ve got so frustrated with trying to use Word on the iPad (Air 3) with the Apple Pencil. I suspect the programme wasn’t tested for documents over a handful of pages, as my thesis chapters (30-40 pages apiece) are incredibly laggy, and marking up documents using the Apple Pencil is akin to bashing your head on a brick wall. Support for the pencil keeps dropping out (although only in the Word app) and markups and highlights are jumping around all over the place. I’ve had to keep restarting the app every page or so, just to get basic functionality. Unfortunately, I don’t have the option to switch software at this stage. Microsoft, please also add the essential feature of document outline, so that we can navigate around longer documents, and a table of contents would be great. Finally, please consider adding referencing integration. At the moment, there is no way that this version of Word on an iPad is suitable for academic work.
Basically Notes, but called ‘Word’
Look, we have Word on our iPads people, that’s awesome in itself. Running an app that was originally designed specifically for computers is pretty impressive... or is it? How can there be so little features on such a powerful device, such as the iPad Pro? I’ve had to change to Pages, even though I am far more familiar with Word. Even a feature as simple as being able to alphabetise simple lists does not exist. The iPad Pro cash be considered to be more powerful that MacBooks of the past, and they were fully capable of running the full package of Word, so why cant the iPad? I genuinely think that Notes has got nearly all of the features that Word has to offer. It’s almost as if we’re using a ‘beta’ version of an expensive compilation of apps
- Microsoft Corporation
- 280.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Personal £5.99
- Office 365 Personal £5.99
- Office 365 Home £7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.