MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
○ Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
○ Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
○ Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
○ A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
○ Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
○ The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
○ Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
○ Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
○ Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
○ Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
○ Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
○ Save, load and share your layouts and pages
○ Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
○ Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
○ Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
○ Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
○ IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
○ Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
○ Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
○ Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
○ Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
○ Cakewalk: Sonar
○ CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
○ Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
○ Clavia: Nord Lead 4
○ Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
○ Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
○ Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
○ IK Multimedia: Amplitube
○ Jomox: MBase 11
○ Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
○ Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
○ Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
○ Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
○ Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
○ Novation: Bass Station
○ Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
○ Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
○ Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
○ Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
○ Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
○ Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
○ Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
○ A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
○ TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
○ ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
○ Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
○ Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Vids on YouTube: /mididesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
Version 2.165 fixes two small, additional bugs beyond 2.160:
• Zoom levels for odd-aspect-ratio iPads are now maintained when you background and return to the App
• Highlight-Color Control was not showing properly (Page Properties)
Welcome MIDI Designer users to our 70th update, version 2.160! This is a bug-fixing release, but some of these bugs affected just about everybody. Enjoy!
1) Fix Design Properties Pane's "sticky" mode. Sticky mode is a critical timesaver to move between controls in Design Mode without losing focus on the thing you want to change (e.g., MIDI Min-Max) mididesigner.com/qa/8214
2) We finally implemented Channel Aftertouch/Pressure Receive (thanks the-elf)
3) Several fixes in Design Mode for working with the Apple Pencil (thanks SpookyZoo)
4) Fix for Hide-Label Toggle for Panels (thanks fretnomore): mididesigner.com/qa/8176
It's probably worth reiterating: we added Show/Hide Panels with a button in 2.150. Check out the video!
MIDI Designer Team
Questions: Do you have questions about MIDI Designer? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
App Love: Do you love MIDI Designer? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
Show Off: Want to show off what you’re doing with MD so we can feature it? Get in touch!
Stay Informed: If you want to keep up with all things MIDI Designer, please sign up for the mailing list: mididesigner.com/signup
MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for version history.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
THE ipad remote control app that works!
Well, it does for me. I have designed a layout for Fender Cyber Twin and am currently building some layouts for Lexicon PCM 80/81.
I started my ipad remote control journey with Touch OSC. Midi Designer Pro 2 is just plain more powerful. Originally, I found MDP2 graphics not to my liking. I was used to the more plain TouchOSC gfx. Nevermind how it looks, though, MDP2 can do things well beyond TouchOSC. Supercontrollers being one of many assets TouchOSC doesn't have.
The big difference for designing a remote control layout is how a user creates it. With TouchOSC a computer program is required to design and then upload to tablet. To create a Midi Designer layout the design is all carried out directly on ipad/ iphone. I do prefer to design on a computer where values can be typed in and elements can be nudged. It can be very tedious designing directly on a tablet. I learned to "roll" my fingers rather than drag or swipe for fine control placement. That is pretty much my only negative.
Connecting via bluetooth I found to be easy. Not so much for TouchOSC. With MDP2, a set up is easily achieved without a computer, which I love.
The developer has also been incredibly helpful on their forum. Super nice comms with Dan :-)
For my purposes I am using a huge number of variable SysEx messages and MDP2 has handled it beautifully so far.
Midi Designer Pro 2 is a fantastic app in my opinion =-D
THE midi controller app !
I have bought and tried to use many, if not all of the midi controller apps out there, many of which are incredible in their own right but for me, difficult to actually implement and use creatively. However this incredible app is SO user friendly. The UI and workflow have been created to place minimum pressure and thought cycles on the user, allowing a creative musician to just DO the things they want to to without having to think too much, or too mechanically and allow for an intuitive process to aid your music making. I just can’t say enough good things about this app. Generally I would not use iOS apps in my performances on big stages as they are just not reliable enough, but I have used this for several years on stage and it’s never let me down yet. Worth every penny. Great works!
MIDI Designer is what made me buy an iPad, and I am so glad I did. This is such an incredibly versatile app. If you put in the effort to learn a few MIDI skills then there are limitless possibilities. If you are just happy to use available layouts then there are lots out there.
If you need help there is a very responsive community ready to assist - and the devoured is very active in this regard too.
I can honestly say that this app has made an enormous difference to my ability to control my live performance rig. Highly recommended!
- Confusion Studios LLC
- 44.9 MB
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Confusion Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Features Pack £4.99
- Automatic Backups £1.99
- Audeonic Stream Byter Plugin £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.