Toucharcade's Game Of The Week!
"The Best Mobile Adventure Game You’ll Play This Year" - 5/5 IdigitalTimes.com
It's 1920's Norway, and you play as Ruth, a young woman who lives alone on a remote farm at the end of a faraway fjord. You take care of your cows and make delicious dairy products that your friend sells in the closest town. But life is hard and work is tough, and Ruth ponders: Is this really the life I want? It's not easier when mysterious things start happening to you and your cows.
And then a huge, mysterious ship descends from the skies, turning Ruth's life upside-down.
Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a delightful, classic point-and-tap adventure game that combines an exciting story with puzzles and exploration.
It's also written completely in rhyme!
If you like unique games like Loom, Broken Age and Monkey Island you should give this a try!
* A lovingly crafted universe with hand-painted backgrounds combined with old school pixel art
* An exciting, intriguing story filled with wonder
* All dialogue and game text written in rhyme!
* Puzzles and exploration, perfect for beginners and veterans alike
* Easy, touch-friendly controls and no fail-state gameplay
* Autosave and custom save games
* Lovely, original soundtracks
* Made in Norway by one dedicated guy
* 2-4 hours of playtime
* Works on both iPhone and iPad
* English, French and Norwegian languages
* Four earth-based cows
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- New Languages! Now you can play the game in rhyming French and Norwegian!
- Auto-rotate support
- A few bug fixes
Thanks for playing my game, you're awesome!
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful game. Intriguing story.
The artwork is beautiful with a retro look and feel. The story is fun and bizarre - you can't second guess where the narrative is taking you. Sometimes I found the controls a bit sticky. Great game and hope there is a follow up if only to find out if Ruth breaks the curse.
I really wanted to like this game, but I became increasingly frustrated by the combination of obscure puzzles / solutions and touch controls. The first issue could just be me being dense but the second is a problem: you have to be extremely accurate in placing where you want an item to be used. I wasted time by choosing the correct item, dragging it to the correct place to use it, but nothing happened, and then trying to find another non existent solution! Finally, having to check out a walkthrough video and finding out I was right all along was very annoying. This happened several times and I gave up and deleted the game out of frustration which is a real shame as there is much to like. I don’t like giving negative reviews but I hope this may be considered constructive feedback.
Thoroughly enjoyable. Look forward to more from Mathis Folkestad. Really pleasing to play and the rhyming adds extra enjoyment. Loved the protagonist Ruth even when her mounds hit the ground 😉. I was one of those who got stuck so I appreciate Machineboy (Appunwrapper) but I have no doubt for most it will be challenging, fun and doable. I’m just sorry it’s over, for now. Maybe we will get to follow Ruth in her universal travels (fingers crossed).
The developer, Machineboy AS, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Machineboy AS
- 215.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2016 Mattis Folkestad
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.