Every great idea starts with a single thought. And another. And then a million more. MindNode is the most delightful brainstorming app for Mac and iOS. It helps you capture your thoughts and create a clear picture of your idea.
Featured as Apple’s “App of the Day” & “Editors’ Choice”
WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND?
• Capture Your Thoughts
Whether as words, images, links, tasks, or notes, capture your thoughts in any form. Create an outline for an organized, hierarchical view, and observe how it grows as a mind map. Use the mind map to visually rearrange nodes and add new thoughts. MindNode is the right tool to get your ideas out of your head the way you want to.
• Organize Your Idea
Your document reflects your ever-changing understanding of an idea as you add and adjust thoughts. Move, tag, connect, detach, and reconnect as often as you like. Mind map and outline side-by-side. Concentrate on one thought at a time with Focus Mode, Visual Tags, and foldable branches.
• Style Your Mind Map
Personalize your document with beautiful out-of-the-box themes and custom stickers. Make your mind map look just right by styling every detail. With Smart Layout your idea will always look fantastic.
• Share Your Vision
Easily share your documents with others or move them one step further in your creative process. Send tasks to Apple Reminders, Things, or OmniFocus. Export your idea as text, image, and to many other file formats.
STAY PRODUCTIVE WHEREVER YOU GO
Whether it’s on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, with MindNode, you stay productive wherever you are. Store your files on iCloud Drive and access them on all your devices.
Use MindNode for free to capture your ideas with actions like editing, rearranging, and folding nodes, as well as importing and exporting files.
• Capture: grow your thoughts into fully-fledged ideas
• Fold branches: keep your documents organized
• Import: FreeMind, MindManager, iThoughts, plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, Markdown, TextBundle
• Export: plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, PDF, PNG image, Markdown, TextBundle, TaskPaper, FreeMind
MindNode Plus is a cross-platform subscription for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It unlocks all of MindNode’s features like Outlining, Visual Tags, Focus Mode, Notes, Themes, Stickers, Connections, and much more. MindNode Plus is available as a monthly and a yearly subscription. Try out all of MindNode’s features with a free 14-day trial.
• Collect everything: add text, images, and links to nodes
• Outlining: create your document using a hierarchical, organized approach
• Visual Tags: tag your thoughts for more context, highlight tags to see new relationships
• Notes: keep your mind map easy to read without losing a single detail
• Connections: connect nodes on different branches
• Tasks: turn your thoughts into actions
• Quick Entry: just start typing to collect thoughts
• Themes: beautiful out-of-the-box themes and unlimited personal themes
• Images: insert your own images and annotate them
• Stickers: 260+ hand-crafted stickers with adjustable colors
• Styling: rich styling options for every single part of your mind map
• Layouts: top-down and horizontal
• Focus Mode: put a spotlight on a single branch
• Dark Mode: for when your thoughts come at night
• Share Tasks: to Apple Reminders, Things, and OmniFocus
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT MINDNODE
“The app keeps out of your way, so it doesn’t interrupt your thought processes.”
– New York Times
“An app on the cutting edge of iOS design and technologies.”
“Slowly grow and track your ideas, connecting nodes to help you better conceptualize your idea or thoughts.”
Reach out to us at email@example.com and on Twitter (@mindnode). Let us know if you have any questions or issues. We’re always glad to help.
Terms of Service: https://mindnode.com/terms
• Copy/paste support from iOS to visionOS
• Improved the behavior of the image picker on iPhone (iOS 17.2 upwards)
• Optimizes and improves PDF export (and full-size screenshotting)
• Fixed a bug where the level 2 node order in MindManager imports would be wrong
• Fixed a bug where knobs and node well would appear on the external screen when working in quick entry
• Fixed a crash when entering the tutorial
Ratings and Reviews
Articulating a complex idea can be a challenge, but fortunately MindNode—which simplifies a technique known as mind-mapping—can make the process a whole lot easier. The app lets you create a diagram where an overarching idea branches off into related ones. You’ll be able to zero in on specifics and zoom out to see the entire concept in all its complexity.
Excellent product with one small request for tweaking
First off, this is excellent. Does exactly what I want it to. Though I did extensive research before buying it on both iOS and MacOS. The syncing works perfectly across all my devices. It’s especially useful on my iPad Pro and my MacBook as well as the Apple Watch. So thank you for such a well-rounded package, that provides exactly the way it says it will with excellent, buttery-smooth UI.
Now, I’d love to request one feature that isn’t currently on here. It’s the ability to merge sibling nodes to create a child node. And what would be even cooler is to create child nodes from nodes that have different parent nodes (different branches). If you could do this, I’ll immediately change my 4 stars to 5.
Thanks guys and keep up the good work 🤙🏿
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your amazing review and for taking the time to share your thoughts and ideas with us. I've added your feature suggestion to our list of suggested features.
My brain just spilled all over my iPad
So mind maps, when i think of them, i think of someone up at the whiteboard trying to squeeze ideas out of my tiny little brain
Well this is the first time i have liked the process....no, loved the process
Although I’m using it for work purposes, I’m actually enjoying it, the theme element of it makes it so much better, not only cosmetically but also from a means to quickly identify things on the sheet, which is another great thing...
I like to have a small web page slotted down the side of my iPad screen that i can drop in and out as i need it, what i loved was being able to pull graphics (in this case clients logo’s) and drop them directly onto the bubbles and make it easy to spot who’s who on a zoomed out view.
I haven’t gone into the deep elements of the app, but i have been really impressed so far, i will be showing this to some team members, especially those who have a bad memory like me as it’s really helping me to spit out thoughts and manage my workload
My main suggestion would be around theming and templates.
I have multiplied maps on the one page, all different, but with the same or very similar structures, it would be good to be able set a default
Speaking of defaults, if you could have different templates for bubbles of different level on a quick reference list, rather than having to copy styles
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, thoughts and ideas with us. I've added your wish to our list of suggested features. I can't promise that this will make it into the product in the near future. However, we review everything users send to us carefully. Regards,
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- 257.3 MB
- Requires iOS 16.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.4 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 9.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription £2.99
- Yearly Subscription £24.99
- Legacy Subscription (6) £24.99
- Legacy Subscription (12) £24.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.