Voted the Mac App Store "Game of the Year" for 2016!
In Mini Metro, you take on the task of designing the subway layout for a rapidly expanding city. Your city starts with three stations. Draw routes between these stations to connect them with subway lines. Commuters travel along your lines to get around the city as fast as they can. Each station can only hold a handful of waiting commuters so your subway network will need to be well-designed to avoid delays.
The city is growing. More stations are opening, and commuters are appearing faster. The demands on your network are ever-increasing. You'll be constantly redesigning your lines to maximise efficiency. The new assets you earn every week will help immensely — as long as they're used wisely.
Eventually your network will fail. Stations will open too quickly. Commuters will crowd the platforms. How long the city keeps moving is up to you.ou.
• Compelling, constructive, hectic, relaxed gameplay. If that makes sense. It doesn't though, aye? You just gotta play it.
• Three game modes: Normal for quick scored games, Endless for stress-free sandbox play, and Extreme for the ultimate challenge.
• Build your metro exactly how you want to with the all-new Creative mode.
• Twenty real-world cities to design subways for (London, New York City, Paris, Berlin, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Osaka, Saint Petersburg, Montréal, San Francisco, São Paulo, Seoul, Washington, D.C., Cairo, Istanbul, Shanghai, Singapore, Stockholm, Mumbai, and Auckland). Each has a unique colour theme, set of obstacles, and pace.
• Random city growth, so each game plays out differently. A strategy that proved successful last game may not help you in the next.
• Each game's map is a work of art, built by you in the classic abstract subway style of Harry Beck. If you think it's a keeper, save it, tweet it, show it off or make it your desktop background!
• Responsive soundtrack created by your metro system, engineered by Disasterpeace.
• Colorblind and night modes.
• Trains! Did we mention them yet?
We've got a new mode for you! Creative mode lets you take any existing maps and build your dream metro. Here is what's new:
• Add, delete, and reshape stations, as well as control how busy they get. No more circle stations everywhere!
• Unlimited locomotives, carriages, and interchanges.
• All lines start unlocked.
• An increased per-line locomotive limit.
It's all up to you. Build your home town's network in meticulous detail, make a massive city with an equally large fleet of trains, or construct geometric patterns and record looping gifs.
We'd love to see what you come up with!
Ratings and Reviews
This is the game version of binge TV. Completely addictive. i look forward to the opportunity to resume or start a new session.
Simple, beautiful design with excellent audio nuances. Give it a try - highly recommended.
I used to love this game
I used to love mini metro but they changed the settings and now it’s almost impossible to get close to the high scores - sorry I’m an obsessive but why the ridiculous surges? Why not make the game a bit more challenging by giving you more trains and carriages - you play up to a certain time and then it just goes pear shaped where it’s just uncontrollable - I think it’s a bit lazy and why did they change that? The game really relaxes me it helps me to switch off but I used to be able to get close to top 10 for all maps but now that is not possible anymore - surely that can’t be down to me….
Relaxing and stressfull at the same time
This game is genius. It is so simple and clean in its design and game play yet it is fascinating and is a perfect example of an elegant puzzle / strategy game. Highly recommended.
- MP Digital, LLC
- 201.3 MB
OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Dinosaur Polo Club. Published on Mac by MacPlay.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.