Minitube is a lightweight and elegant YouTube application for your Mac. Watch YouTube videos in a new way: you type a keyword, Minitube gives you an endless video stream.
By automatically playing videos one after another, Minitube aims to create a TV-like experience. Stop fiddling, just sit back and enjoy.
Minitube is designed to be very easy to use for kids and grandparents too. Minitube is a gift for the whole family.
Minitube consumes less memory and CPU than a browser, preserving battery life and keeping your laptop cool.
With Minitube you can search by keyword, paste YouTube links or browse YouTube channels. Related videos are always a click away.
You can subscribe to your favorite channels and be notified of new videos. No need to login with a YouTube account. More privacy!
Minitube is translated in more than 30 languages including Chinese, Arabic, German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and Hebrew.
- Fixed video playback
Ratings and Reviews
This is a well developed app that's so easy to use... and video loading is extremely fast.
The £8.99 price tag is pricey but I wouldn't mind so much as long as the developer provides new updates with new features. Sadly however, I don't think the developer cares (just like many others); so my emails are left unanswered. It's been a year since it was last updated.
If I see new updates with some of the features I have suggested to the developer are implemented, then I'll change my rating to 5 stars.
Worked straight away
Very impressive and much easier than using via a browser. This is really very good. Excellent searching and so far haven't had to log in to my You Tube account. Bit more expensive but if it works so well then fair enough. I shall also use on my MacBook.
1. Crashes regularly.
2. Pausing video for a long time and then attempting to play again results in audio being permanently muted for that video, forcing me to quit the app or switch to another video first.
3. Videos in search results often skip when you attempt to play them. The only thing that (temporarily) works is to clear the Minitube cache. For MAS apps, I don’t think this is possible as the app cache is not stored in ~/Library/Caches.
In summary, this app is an absolute pile of junk. It has always had problems like this and it’s just unacceptable.
- Flavio Tordini
- 21 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Albanian, Arabic, Asturian, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kirghiz, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Flavio Tordini
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.