Enjoy the most reliable screen mirroring app for your Sony Smart TV. Stream movies, photos and apps from your iPhone or iPad to a Sony TV screen. Completely wireless!
Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Sony Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Sony TV.
This works on any Sony Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Sony TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Sony TV app. It will start looking for your Sony TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Sony TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Sony TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
You can purchase the Mirror for Sony TV Pro Version through an in app purchase.
The Pro Version has the following features:
1. Adds audio to the screen mirroring
2. Provides for free lifetime updates of the app
3. Gives the option to choose higher screen resolutions, like 720p and 1080p
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Feel free to check:
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Performance improvements for early (2012 - 2015) Sony TVs
Ratings and Reviews
Useless other than for photos
You would think for the price the app would be able to cope with video, it really struggles. Everything is pixelated and it is lagging 9 seconds behind. I read all the reviews below and stupidly still went ahead with it as the developers seem to be blaming connection speeds and routers and our internet is great (we are right next to the exchange and we have a great router). The only reason I am giving this 2 stars is that it worked first time and you could use it to show photos if you wanted to. I am expecting a developer response asking for diagnostics. I can’t see how you are going to fix it. This is a pretty scummy setup as so many people below are highlighting the exact same issues. Shame on you, charge less and you might have some happy customers.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your purchase. We regret that you are having some issues using the app. However, errors can also happen because of local settings (e.g. network, computer, TV). Please contact us through the “send diagnostic information” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to get you up and running. Thanks!
Great service from the AirBeam team. I bought the wrong app and could not understand why it did not recognise my tv. I contacted their support service and within minutes I had a reply. They pointed out my error and directed me to the correct app for my tv. They also told me how to get a refund from Apple. I also received a very nice follow up e-mail to make sure the problem had been resolved.
Once I had the correct app it was easy to set up. Enjoy using it to view photos and am sure I will use it in many other ways too.
There is a slight delay in mirroring, which I knew about as I had watched their video so have no issues with this. The app meets my needs.
Thanks to the support team.
Does it work? Yes and No.
A little bit of background!
Ok so I’ve been looking for a while to mirror my iPhone content to my flagship Sony Bravia TV wirelessly!
I took a chance to download this £4.99 app as it seemed to work for some people and not others.
I have an iPhone 12 pro with free Apple TV+ content and arcade. My phone contact with EE also gives me free BT sports.
The app allows me to mirror my screen generally with videos and pictures from your camera roll not being a problem. I can also watch BT sports on the big screen 👍🏼
I am unable to view my content from the Apple TV app. No downloaded movies or online content will play. 👎🏼
I have Virgin media go and this also will not allow me to mirror the screen. 👎🏼
The amount of lag time between what you see on the screen vs what’s on your phone is about 4 seconds. It would be useless for big screen gaming 👎🏼
In short yes this does work but not for everything so I would say It’s not worth the price look elsewhere!
I use a HDMI on my MacBook and that works perfectly and instantly for content casting!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your purchase. As mentioned in the App Store description for this app (limitations), DRM protected apps will block the mirroring function for our app (and mirror apps in general). For instance, Netflix, Disney, AppleTV+, and Hulu have decided to block this.The best way to check if an app has DRM limitation enabled is to perform a regular 'screen recording' selecting the camera roll as destination (not our app). If the recording turns up with either a white or black screen, DRM protection is enabled and you cannot mirror that particular app. However, you can use our app in many other ways, like sharing photos and videos with your family, friends or colleagues. We hope you can improve our star rating with this information.
Mac Tip: many but not all streaming services work on our Mac screen mirroring apps when you stream from Chrome or Firefox browser. Try our free trial app on our website (not for iTunes movies or Apple TV).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AirBeamTV BV
- 174.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © AirBeamTV BV
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription £4.99
- Yearly Subscription £14.49
- Yearly Subscription £12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.