Mixcloud is the global community for audio culture.
Explore millions of radio shows, DJ mixes and podcasts made by passionate creators around the world, for free.
The Mixcloud app gives you a free listening experience to enjoy anytime, anywhere.
• Explore a wide range of genres and categories for free
• Follow creators / DJs / radio stations and keep up with their latest shows
• Tune in to radio stations across the Globe
• Keep track of your listening and streaming history
• Listen to what’s trending near you and around the world
• Queue up what you want to listen to later
• Sync your listening experience across your devices
• Upgrade to Mixcloud Select to get more from your most loved creators / DJ channels for a small monthly fee
• Directly support your favourite artists and the music they play in their shows
• Listen to Select creators / DJs / radio stations offline
• Access exclusive shows and posts
• Access the back catalog of your favourite Select creators / DJs / radio stations
• Upgrade to Premium to listen to your favourite creators / DJ channels without ads or play restrictions
• Get access to upfront tracklists
• Access the back catalog of your favourite radio stations without limits
• Are you a creator / DJ / radio host? Upgrade to Pro to get access to the tools you need to grow and monetise your audience
• Get closer to your fans with Mixcloud live
• Allow your fans to show their support by subscribing to your channel
• Grow a real fanbase
What’s new in version 26.2.0:
This is just a preparatory release for improvements to Push Notifications. You shouldn't see any changes yet, but soon we will be sending Push Notifications when users you follow start a Live stream. Notifications will appear in the app while you have the app open.
Have any feedback? Let us know at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The last couple of updates have really ruined the experience.
I have sent feedback but have never heard anything so I’m doubtful that this review will be read but I will list the issues as I use Mixcloud every day and really recommend it but the user experience could be improved.
It’s very slow when scrolling through all of my favourites and the older the favourite in the list means very slow and delayed at scrolling through and very difficult to add it to a playlist as it will just crash in the end.
Recently the picture of the mix / cover sleeve does not show or takes ages to show.
Trying to quickly fast forward through a mix is very difficult and definitely needs improvement.
Any chance of filtering my faves? Show recently added or oldest as scrolling through nearly 800 of them is not that easy as it’s slow, sticky and delayed..
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the extensive feedback, we do indeed read every review and especially when it's detailed like this. I have passed it on to my colleague and you can look out for updates. All the best.
A little frustrating
This app does the job well if you find a set and hit play. I often use it in the car or at the gym when my hands and eyes are tied up with something else. The problems start when the set you listen to finishes. Mixcloud decides to throw something else on unrelated to artists I’m following or tracks I’ve liked. Usually it’s cheesey and I have to turn off the music completely. Also my feed is full up of stuff other users listen to. I’m not interested! I want to see the latest set from people I follow.
I feel like I am using this app less and less because mixcloud wants me to do something I don’t want to do. If this is how mixcloud makes their money then that’s fair enough, I’m happy to pay a little for a few extra settings.
Developer Response ,
The 'Up Next' feature automatically adds content to your play queue in order to ensure users have an on-going listening experience (similar to radio).
Our software adds a new show in your play queue based on the tags used in the shows you're currently listening to. Ideally, you would be recommended content that is similar, however that is not always the case because uploaders are free to tag their content as they want, and sometimes these tags are not too accurate.
But, you can choose what goes next in your Play queue by going to a Cloudcast of your choice, click on 'Add' then click on 'Play Queue'.
Playback position being lost
I use this app to listen to a few radio shows and podcasts but it’s virtually unusable for this purpose. If you pause the playback from the IPhone control centre the playback position isn’t retained and after a while it disappears from the control centre but when you go back in to the app the playback position has reverted to the beginning of the show. Even if you keep the app open during playback, when the phone locks and you then reopen the phone and app the playback time hasn’t been maintained and jumps to catch up to where you are.
If i could get the shows in another media other than this app or in the browser I’d delete this app and not bother with it again.
Developer Response ,
I spoke with my colleagues this morning about this and they are set to push some updates through soon. Cheers
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.