Over 4 million people now bank with Monzo to spend, save and sort their money.
BANKING MADE EASY
• Get better visibility and more control over all your money. Open a full UK bank account from your phone, for free.
• Or move everything to Monzo using the free Current Account Switch Service. It's fully guaranteed, takes one week and we can set it up in minutes.
PICK AN ACCOUNT THAT SUITS YOU
It's our mission to make money work for everyone, so we've created different accounts for different needs.
• Monzo Plus
The account that puts money in your hands. Full financial visibility, with your other bank accounts and credit cards all in one place. Get interest on your money, personalised budgeting, a holographic card and so much more.
Our original, free account. With instant spending notifications, easy ways to send money, Pots for separating your savings and more.
• Monzo Joint Accounts
Bring your money together with our free joint account. Pool your resources with someone to make life easier to manage. See who's paying for what, set spending budgets and we'll send both of you a separate card.
• Monzo Business Lite
The best of Monzo but for your business, with no monthly fee. A full UK current account including mobile and web access, free instant UK bank transfers, budgeting, digital receipts, award-winning customer support and more.
• Monzo Business Pro
Your business' finances taken care of, for £5 a month. A full UK current account including everything in Business Lite, plus Tax Pots, integrated accounting, multi-user access for limited companies, invoicing and more.
KEEP YOUR MONEY SAFE
• Just like any other bank, your eligible deposits up to £85,000 are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (or FSCS for short).
• And compared to other UK banks, we're 4x better at stopping card fraud, and 3x better at stopping identity theft.
MANAGE YOUR SPENDING
• Get notified the second you pay, set budgets for things like groceries and going out, and get warnings if you're spending too fast (if you want them). Plus, fee-free spending abroad, and we don't mark up the exchange rate.
GET ON TOP OF YOUR BILLS
• Pick a Pot to pay bills from, so you can't accidentally spend the rent. We'll tell you if they're higher for the upcoming month, and remind you if you're running low. When they're due, we pay them for you - easy.
SAVE FOR THINGS THAT MATTER
• Earn interest from a growing number of savings options. Automatically put money aside when you spend, round up payments to watch the pennies turn into pounds, and choose images to stay focused on your goals.
GETTING PAID WITH MONZO IS MAGIC
• If you're paid by Bacs (most people are!), then we can advance you your salary a day early, for free. Then effortlessly sort your salary between spending, bills and savings. All your money neatly separated so you can't overspend, but still under one roof. A heads up: we can stop offering get paid early, or change this service, at any time.
AND THERE'S MORE...
• Easy, instant bank transfers. Split bills with a tap, and send money with just a link, or over bluetooth to anyone nearby. And we're here with friendly human help, if you need us.
BUILDING WITH YOU
• We've built a new kind of bank, and we've built it together. We care about being open and doing what's right by our customers.
• Our community of customers are at the heart of everything we do: they chose our name, have suggested features and helped us decide what to build. We'd love you to join them.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
"Monzo? It might just be the future of banking." — The Guardian
"A bank for people who hate banks." — Bloomberg
"Monzo is a bank designed for the world we live in today." — TechCrunch
Monzo Bank Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 09446231). Eligibility and T&Cs apply.
We’ve added a randomised list of custom category name suggestions and a gym category icon for Monzo Plus and Monzo Premium customers. If you're a Monzo Business customer, you can now export statements that exclude your Pot transfers, giving you a clearer view of the money going in and out of your business account. Other than that, just lots of little performance improvements that help everything tick along.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So far, AMAZING
I was on my shift at work and saw a fair amount of people walking in with these “Monzo” cards. They looked really nice, especially the coral one! I made sure I remembered the name of the brand on the card and then when I got home I researched into it! It looked amazing! I immediately downloaded the app and signed up. My card came within 2 days and I activated my account instantly! At first I was a little skeptical of a bank solely running on an app, but Monzo is protected by the “FSCS” meaning money in your account with Monzo is protected up to £85,000 which is piece of mind! Within 3 days of getting used to Monzo and having a little play around I switched from Lloyds! I love Monzo! It really is what a bank should be in this day and age. Rather than having to adapt to technology (Like traditional banks), it’s built on it!
The app is clean and easy to use, and pots are amazing! Why hasn’t anyone else don’t this!!! Pots! They are awesome! They are little pots that you can create instantly and just put some money in there to separate it from your current account so you don’t spend it!
One problem with the Monzo app is the “Create a joint account” button does not seem to be working. I can’t seem to find anywhere in the app to report the “Bug” (If it is one)
But other than that it’s amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who I came across! (in fact I have😂)
I’ve been with Monzo for several years now and while I generally find the app to be good and feature wise, ahead of the curve compared to the big banks, it’s just not reliable enough. There have been several occasions where the app has just stopped working for no apparent reason, requiring a complete reinstall to get working again. Today was the worst yet. I have just endured through a panic stricken 15 minutes trying to withdraw money from a savings account only to be repeatedly presented with “time-out” messages, and similar error messages in other parts of the app. Absolutely nothing in the app was working at all, not even the help section, so it was impossible for me to contact support. Logging out caused the app to crash and I was then unable to log back in. Alternative methods of contact are not shown anywhere and the help section on the website is useless, blaming my internet connection or email account (which are both working perfectly). Deleting the app and reinstalling it fixed the issue but I would not have known to do this, and would have had no way to find out, had I not been previously told to do so last time something went wrong. I’m going to switch I think, once I’ve emptied my savings account. For a bank that operates ENTIRELY within an app, even occasional episodes such as this are totally intolerable, especially if I’m going to be cut off from support at the exact time that I need my money.
Great bank that is gradually getting worse.
I’ve loved Monzo and have been using it as my main bank account since my Beta account became a current account for it’s amazing instant transactions, ease of use with friends, customer support chat, and great international rates while feeling like quite a real bank. However, as time goes on I have seen Monzo evolve to include ridiculous offers of the premium service which really doesn’t feel like you’re getting anything good for the money with incredibly low interest offering, features that you can get for free elsewhere, and ‘exclusive deals’ that feel like Monzo were paid to include and are definitely far from exclusive to Monzo premium. With premium it also makes the general current account feel very cheap as the app constantly reminding you to go premium, especially with the year in Monzo review. It is very off putting. On top of this, Monzo bringing in limited free card replacements (or none and limited cash withdrawals of you don’t meet a certain criteria) makes Monzo a bank I really no longer can recommend (after convincing 15-20 people to join). This is the only notable bank I know which charge for card replacements, and charges for cash deposits. Now I can only recommend, and am even considering switching to either Starling Bank, which hasn’t got any of these issues mentioned, or to just opt for a high street bank which I would have never thought to recommend.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Monzo Bank Limited
- 302.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Monzo Bank Limited 2021
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.